Medical Hair Restoration recruiting new doctors

I'm sure a lot of people have seen the MHR infomercials on TV, it seems like there is one on every hour, on one station or another. There's that stupid "Hair Dudes!" one, and there's one where they're sitting around having the phony "panel discussion". I can't stand watching them but sometimes I'll leave it on for a couple minutes, and I always notice little misleading comments, exaggerations etc.

Anyway, they always talk about how MHR has this exclusive training program, and how they turn away doctors who apply, as if they are cherry picking from the best of the best. Since the doctor who is in charge of the MHR training program is also the doctor who "botched" the heck out of me, basically wrecking my appearance for life, I always raise my eyebrows when they talk about their "elite" training program, and how not just anybody can get in.

So imagine my surprise, to see this online: An open-call classified ad, looking for new MHR doctors, posted on an Emergency Medicine bulletin board. icon_rolleyes.gif

A Career With Serious Growth Potential

MHR Fellowship Program

"?? An intense, cutting edge 12-month curriculum.

"?? One of the Few Fellowship Programs recognized by the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery

"?? Candidates are personally selected and train under the supervision of Dr. Matt L. Leavitt.

For Fellowship information, please call

Dr. Carlos Puig @ 713-629-0740

Medical Hair Restoration

45 Locations Nationwide

[links to promotional websites edited - Robert]

Maybe I misunderstood, but the MHR commercials made it sound like there were elite doctors pounding the doors down trying to get into MHR's training program. Hardly...!

The doctors reading that website looking for jobs aren't going to have a background in dermatology (skin and hair) or cosmetic surgery!!! They're not going to be doctors who already have an interest in aesthetics. They will be doctors who are tired of doing emergency surgery, and looking for something easier.

I'm sure a lot of people have seen the MHR infomercials on TV, it seems like there is one on every hour, on one station or another. There's that stupid "Hair Dudes!" one, and there's one where they're sitting around having the phony "panel discussion". I can't stand watching them but sometimes I'll leave it on for a couple minutes, and I always notice little misleading comments, exaggerations etc.

Anyway, they always talk about how MHR has this exclusive training program, and how they turn away doctors who apply, as if they are cherry picking from the best of the best. Since the doctor who is in charge of the MHR training program is also the doctor who "botched" the heck out of me, basically wrecking my appearance for life, I always raise my eyebrows when they talk about their "elite" training program, and how not just anybody can get in.

So imagine my surprise, to see this online: An open-call classified ad, looking for new MHR doctors, posted on an Emergency Medicine bulletin board. icon_rolleyes.gif

A Career With Serious Growth Potential

MHR Fellowship Program

"?? An intense, cutting edge 12-month curriculum.

"?? One of the Few Fellowship Programs recognized by the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery

"?? Candidates are personally selected and train under the supervision of Dr. Matt L. Leavitt.

For Fellowship information, please call

Dr. Carlos Puig @ 713-629-0740

Medical Hair Restoration

45 Locations Nationwide

[links to promotional websites edited - Robert]

Maybe I misunderstood, but the MHR commercials made it sound like there were elite doctors pounding the doors down trying to get into MHR's training program. Hardly...!

The doctors reading that website looking for jobs aren't going to have a background in dermatology (skin and hair) or cosmetic surgery!!! They're not going to be doctors who already have an interest in aesthetics. They will be doctors who are tired of doing emergency surgery, and looking for something easier.

The serious growth potential part is a joke,right? I did'nt think it took 12 months to learn all the canned responses to a potential customers questions.How do they condense an intense,cutting edge 12-month curriculum into a weekend or two.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

Sorry about including the links Robert. I should have known they would be a red flag.

When you see the MHR commercial they make it sound like all these top docs are lining up, trying to get into their "training program". Apparently it's just the opposite...

Hello All,

I am in agreement. If one looks at the profiles of the surgeons from the two nationwide hair restoration conglomerates, it seems like most of them have backgrounds in vastly different branches of medicine like ER, neurology, or even psychiatry. Maybe they are burned or forced to leave their given field and are looking for something they perceive as an "easy out".

Some of their younger doctors may be a safer bet as they could represent emerging talent who will go out on their own once their contractual obligations are satisfied.

PCC