so young, so itchy, so shedding

hello, I am 16 years old and believe me I worry about everything lol. Last year I looked and I noticed my hair seems to just kind of pull right out and sometimes when running it'll hurt a little or fall out. the confusing thing is not anyone in my family shistory is bald, nor balding.

I went to the doctors and she told me I have sebhoric dermatitis (sp) and premature hairs from stress. Now my stress is gone, but my hair continues to simply fall out, and the dermatitis has gotten worse, i've tried Tgel and tsal and head and shoulders, what's the next step.

sorry for the long question, but do you think the hair loss is from the dermatitis? it is painful when the wind blows it, there is crusting in my temples and around the back area of my head mostly, I'm so worried about this it some times keeps me up, thanks soo much for your time.

hello, I am 16 years old and believe me I worry about everything lol. Last year I looked and I noticed my hair seems to just kind of pull right out and sometimes when running it'll hurt a little or fall out. the confusing thing is not anyone in my family shistory is bald, nor balding.

I went to the doctors and she told me I have sebhoric dermatitis (sp) and premature hairs from stress. Now my stress is gone, but my hair continues to simply fall out, and the dermatitis has gotten worse, i've tried Tgel and tsal and head and shoulders, what's the next step.

sorry for the long question, but do you think the hair loss is from the dermatitis? it is painful when the wind blows it, there is crusting in my temples and around the back area of my head mostly, I'm so worried about this it some times keeps me up, thanks soo much for your time.

pleasehelp,

I am no dermatologist, but I have heard of successful treatment of Seborrheic dermatitis with prescription steroid lotions. If your current treatments are not helping and your symptoms are worsening you should perhaps ask your current physician about stronger treatments.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

I had a similar problem with crusting flaking scalp when I was seventeen. Like yourself, it caused me to lose a lot of hair.

T-gel and head and shoulders didn't work for me either. What did work however, was Nizoral shampoo . The skin condition cleared up within a few weeks and eventually all the lost hair grew back.

You should at least give it a try, and perhaps taking a multivitamin supplement might be an idea too.

Of course.... several years later I developed male pattern hair loss.... but then that's another story!

Hope this helps.

• 7 months later...

Hey how's it goin.... Bro im 23 years old, and about 2 years ago after my 21st birthday i started noticing that my front line was starting to thin.. sure enough i was able to cover it up since i had lots and lots of hair... Yet it still bothered me.. By my 23d birthday i had lost alot more.. and as my 24th birthday is almost here, im really losing alot.. not just in the front but in the back.. i lost my confidence.. can't even talk to girls anymore... and i feel like ive short changed my self... like people that never met me with my hair... they never knew how good i looked.. the shape of my head doesn't allow me to shave bald... people started noticing how baddly i was thinning..i then went to a hair transplant place in the city... and the guy started talking about shock.. when u implant the new hair.. some of the remaing ones fall out for a time being.. and he said my head would blow up and become red... and i basically couldn't goo out till all that went away... i mean its a real surgery... i kept asking why God, im 23 years old.. i shouldn't have to go through this.. everyone i know has a full head of hair... anyways.. i took a long shot as i became desperate with topik... i thought this stuff had to be BS as i was raised by a father who though everything on tv was bs, and he's probably right, except for this product.. i couldn't believe my eyes after i applied it for the first time.. i looked like i did when i was 16.. it was amazing!!! AMAZINg! like i lost my mind.. started thanking the good Lord for science and technology and topik.. after i went out.. i tried it in the wind.. and everything.. nothing makes it fall out.. ive been with a girl nothing.. i showered with it after i slept with it on for a full nite.. nothing.. still in my hair.. i hair sprayed it and its still there... looks soooo real.. no one can tell.. people didn't even know why.. but people just started saying.. ulook soo nice today.. complements on my hair that i haven't gotten in over 2 years! and no one knows whyl.. todl htem i got a new hair cut guy that does it really nice.... i just pray to God that i don't lose more hair.. if i stay with what i have.. i will use this till my last breath.. it saved my youth.. ah the fountain of youth some people are saying dermmatch is the best.. i haven't tried that yet.. but its next on my list.. as now im a believer

-M

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by Baldandyoung:

Hey how's it goin.... Bro im 23 years old, and about 2 years ago after my 21st birthday i started noticing that my front line was starting to thin.. sure enough i was able to cover it up since i had lots and lots of hair... Yet it still bothered me.. By my 23d birthday i had lost alot more.. and as my 24th birthday is almost here, im really losing alot.. not just in the front but in the back.. i lost my confidence.. can't even talk to girls anymore... and i feel like ive short changed my self... like people that never met me with my hair... they never knew how good i looked.. the shape of my head doesn't allow me to shave bald... people started noticing how baddly i was thinning..i then went to a hair transplant place in the city... and the guy started talking about shock.. when u implant the new hair.. some of the remaing ones fall out for a time being.. and he said my head would blow up and become red... and i basically couldn't goo out till all that went away... i mean its a real surgery... i kept asking why God, im 23 years old.. i shouldn't have to go through this.. everyone i know has a full head of hair... anyways.. i took a long shot as i became desperate with topik... i thought this stuff had to be BS as i was raised by a father who though everything on tv was bs, and he's probably right, except for this product.. i couldn't believe my eyes after i applied it for the first time.. i looked like i did when i was 16.. it was amazing!!! AMAZINg! like i lost my mind.. started thanking the good Lord for science and technology and topik.. after i went out.. i tried it in the wind.. and everything.. nothing makes it fall out.. ive been with a girl nothing.. i showered with it after i slept with it on for a full nite.. nothing.. still in my hair.. i hair sprayed it and its still there... looks soooo real.. no one can tell.. people didn't even know why.. but people just started saying.. ulook soo nice today.. complements on my hair that i haven't gotten in over 2 years! and no one knows whyl.. todl htem i got a new hair cut guy that does it really nice.... i just pray to God that i don't lose more hair.. if i stay with what i have.. i will use this till my last breath.. it saved my youth.. ah the fountain of youth some people are saying dermmatch is the best.. i haven't tried that yet.. but its next on my list.. as now im a believer

-M

What are you using? Dermamatch cannot be used when you sleep or the stuff will be left on the pillow if its light colored, so what do you use? icon_eek.gif

• 6 months later...

I've started Topic couple of years ago. It worked wonders and I liked it a lot. Then, one day i decided to go without it and realized how much hair i lost while using Topic. There is a chance that i would've lost all that hair even w/out using Topic, but after dicontinuing Topic use my shedding slowed dramatically and i see no difference between the time i stopped using Topic and now. My thinking was that tiny Topic particles blocked my scalp and follicular units roots from breathing air therefore speeding the balding process. I started loosing hair at around 16 but i had so much of hair that it was unnoticeable untill i was around 24 or so. If onyone has noticed same Topic effects please let us know.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cousin_It

If you mean Toppik, it would not cause any problems. It is retained by static electricity to your existing hairs, it has absolutely no effects on your scalp. Use it with complete confidence, it is very safe.

• 5 months later...

I replied to your other thread. No, I've never heard of concealer's blocking pores or follicles or anything harmful, whatsoever.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.