hair transplant sugery

I am a hair transplant candidate. I have a concern about the sugery. About 10 years ago I had an attack of shingles. There was a bumpy rash that broke out on my forehead. I have read that if it had spread to the nose than the eyes could be affected. The shingles is caused by a chickenpox virus. Could the trauma of the surgery cause a recurrence of shingles on my forehead and possible affect my eyes. If you can't give me an opinion who can I contact to get an expert opinion ? Thank you.

I am a hair transplant candidate. I have a concern about the sugery. About 10 years ago I had an attack of shingles. There was a bumpy rash that broke out on my forehead. I have read that if it had spread to the nose than the eyes could be affected. The shingles is caused by a chickenpox virus. Could the trauma of the surgery cause a recurrence of shingles on my forehead and possible affect my eyes. If you can't give me an opinion who can I contact to get an expert opinion ? Thank you.

Dear pmac,

The chances are almost zero that the shingles would be reactivated. It is usually only a one time problem even though I have had a few rare people with more than one episode. I would not worry at all. Besides, there are antiviral drugs to stop it if an attack occurred.

Dr. Parsley

Dr. Parsley is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network