Propecia

Greys Anatomy

it depends on your own pahysiology.. i took it for like a month and I hated it.. I was having sexual side effects, I also started to have uncomfortable feeling from my liver..

I personally dont recommend it... my physician who is a brilliant doctor told me to stay away from any thing that is chemical and has an effect on how your body functions...... He also said that no one really knows what the long term effects of this drug will be on each individual.

but i am sure there is plenty of people who loved it on this site.

so like i said depends on your physiology

Any time you take a medication, you are assuming certain risks.

In this case, I think we al lfeel a little hesitant inside because we are assuming risk for a cosmetic drug - not a "necessary" drug, like a statin.

That said, finasteride has been shown to lower the incidence of prostate cancer.

I had been reluctant to take it but can report i now take 1.25 mg EOD without any side effects. My sex drive is excellent.

1.25 mg finasteride EOD

Rogaine Foam 5% QD am

Kirkland minoxidil 5% QD pm

Nizoral Q2W

American Crew Revitalize Shampoo

Other research has suggested that although it lowers the risk of prostate cancer, people who do use it and still get prostate cancer may get a more aggressive form. This is a controversial topic so there are opinions either way.

On another note I have noticed quite a few guys saying that they used it for quite a while before they developed side effects. Others suggest it worked for a while but then hair loss returned. I think any HT strategy should therefore take into account that propecia may not be able to hold back further hair loss forever for the reasons mentioned above.