wow....side effects of Proscar already?

Curious_George

I'd like to think that this isn't just my head and unfounded fears but the physical reaction is definitely there:

I started Proscar + Rogaine foam on June 6th (8 days ago). Till date, I have had 1 entire pill of Proscar.

What I notice is:

1. No morning erection.

2. Compared to before, I am not excited as much. Whereas, prior to this first pill, I'd be 'up and about' within a 2-3 day period of an encounter.

3. The physical urge to have sex was always accompanied by this feeling of heaviness in the testicles - not there anymore.

Now, I am seriously thinking of just staying with Rogaine foam.

I'd like to think that this isn't just my head and unfounded fears but the physical reaction is definitely there:

I started Proscar + Rogaine foam on June 6th (8 days ago). Till date, I have had 1 entire pill of Proscar.

What I notice is:

1. No morning erection.

2. Compared to before, I am not excited as much. Whereas, prior to this first pill, I'd be 'up and about' within a 2-3 day period of an encounter.

3. The physical urge to have sex was always accompanied by this feeling of heaviness in the testicles - not there anymore.

Now, I am seriously thinking of just staying with Rogaine foam.

george,

I would wait and give it some time; you may be having a "placebo" effect; IMO sexual side effects are quite rare from finasteride; I'm not sure what your age and level of hair loss is, but Rogaine Foam will not slow down/stop the progression of Male Pattern Baldness like finasteride;

Personally, I think it is quite early to experience side effects especially from such a low dosage...

Speak with your doctor if you are concerned.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by MrJobi:

Personally, I think it is quite early to experience side effects especially from such a low dosage...

Speak with your doctor if you are concerned.

Well, I'm 31 and I am currently NW IV, heading to V/VI.

I'm fully functional but the sensation has deadened. It definitely has. 5 days is long for me and while before the urge was very strong, it wasn't there the same way lately. And like I said, the final moment wasn't all that "explosive" either.

I also feel amazed that 1 pill would show this kind of effect but now I think I'll stay off for a couple of weeks and see what happens. And then go back on for another week. If it's all in my head, that's the best way to find out, yeah?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, update.

I haven't had another Proscar pill since I stopped.

And after I stopped, I had my libido back.

Now, I am going to do another M-W-F next week and see how that goes.

Will update on results of the 2nd pill.