sheding

I am 2 weeks from 8 months post opp with mhr out of grand rapids michigan.in the last 9 days i have been noticeing about 30 to 50 hairs a day in the sink several with small black bulbs a little larger than the hair on one end. i started takeing a supplement nitrice oxide (workout supplement) about 3.5 weeks prior i dont know if that would be the cause of the shedding or not im takeing propecia once a day as well i had a physically strenuous weekend just prior to this noticeing of the shedding i had 1500 hairs grafted into the hair line and corners of the front hairline. had alot of hair prior to surgery just wanted to thicken hairline and where corners had thined could anyone tell me what might be happening would have to use an entire vacation day to go to grand rapids for a checkup, thanks.

I am 2 weeks from 8 months post opp with mhr out of grand rapids michigan.in the last 9 days i have been noticeing about 30 to 50 hairs a day in the sink several with small black bulbs a little larger than the hair on one end. i started takeing a supplement nitrice oxide (workout supplement) about 3.5 weeks prior i dont know if that would be the cause of the shedding or not im takeing propecia once a day as well i had a physically strenuous weekend just prior to this noticeing of the shedding i had 1500 hairs grafted into the hair line and corners of the front hairline. had alot of hair prior to surgery just wanted to thicken hairline and where corners had thined could anyone tell me what might be happening would have to use an entire vacation day to go to grand rapids for a checkup, thanks.

top gun,

While I suppose many things can cause shedding that don't relate to HT's or meds, the most likely culprit historically is Propecia. When did you start taking Propecia? From what I've heard you can experience shedding from it during your first year but it should come back.

If it continues you may want to check with a dermatologist.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Sounds like normal shedding to me. Found the following on a website:

"Hair grows in a cycle: anagen (living growing hair), catagen (in-between phase) and telogen (resting or falling-out phase). Telogen lasts a few months and is terminated by a new anagen hair. The result is shedding a hair with a bulb at the end (club hair). It is normal to lose 50 or more telogen hairs a day."