Picking at the scabs...

SCUSC

I had HT surgery 5 days ago with Dr. Cooley in NC. (could NOT have been more impressed with him and his staff) But my question is this...the little scabs are hardened, and I find it kinda hard not to pick at them. It's become a habit. I'll be watching tv and not even realizing I'm doing it. After 5 days, have the hair follicles had time to get set in with little chance of pulling them out? Or should I just leave them completely alone?

Thanks!

I had HT surgery 5 days ago with Dr. Cooley in NC. (could NOT have been more impressed with him and his staff) But my question is this...the little scabs are hardened, and I find it kinda hard not to pick at them. It's become a habit. I'll be watching tv and not even realizing I'm doing it. After 5 days, have the hair follicles had time to get set in with little chance of pulling them out? Or should I just leave them completely alone?

Thanks!

After 5 days the follicles are pretty well healed in place, but if you pick at them you could cause bleeding and damage the little guys. Don't pick.

• 3 months later...