pimples on recipient site

I am a little over a month post op and for the past week or so I've been seeing little red bumps with small white heads on them in the recipient area. Is this a sign of growth or something else. Any input would be appreciated.

I am a little over a month post op and for the past week or so I've been seeing little red bumps with small white heads on them in the recipient area. Is this a sign of growth or something else. Any input would be appreciated.

It is indeed a sign of new growth. I had more of the larger pimples, which was strange as I haven't had a pimple on my head in forever I guess.

But, if you use the "search" feature above you'll see several threads dedicated to this very subject.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Mikeh,

The small white heads is a little bit worrying. I am not sure if this is really normal but you better go check that with your physician.

I don't want to scare you but one of my friend has got into similar situation and he later found out that he had an infection under his scalp.

Check with your physician and he might prescribe you some antibiotics in case there is an infection.

Good luck

Bruce

Actually, I only have about four red bumps with one of them having the white head which I'm guessing is puss. It's really not that bad. I've been reading previous posts and am just going to put warm compresses on it like others have done. No, I don't have pics yet. I'm still in need of buying a digital camera. Yes, I know I'm a little behind the times. icon_smile.gif Thanks for your concern though.