Dutasteride hairline trouble?

jr99

I've been thinning in the hairline since around 20, currently 28. Oddly my hairloss is mostly in the very center of my hairline and has resulted in a large and growing baldspot square in the middle of my hairline. It's becoming increasingly difficult to conceal, particularly over the last few months. And given that it's a weird spot to lose your hair (kind of a reverse inside-out pattern rather than the normal outside-in), I'm distressed about it, obviously.

I've been on dutasteride for a year, rogaine for 5 or 6 years though I stopped two years back, started again about a year ago. Great results from dut in the back and rogaine has always been solid for me in terms of thickening hairs. But the front, ai.

I read some old posts about how dutasteride can be tough on the hairline and how finasteride can help it rebound somewhat. So I started finasteride three weeks ago, making my current regimen all three of the majors.

My question: has there been any further information on whether finasteride can help out the hairline, particularly given the possibility of dutasteride related effects?

Thanks guys.

Hi JR

I hope you are not taking both? Propecia has limited regrowth effect , let alone on the hairline.. There arent any medications which address regrowth in the hairline.. ''

Good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

jr99-

I've not heard of Fin's efficacy in the hairline before and have to agree with Mjrb on taking them both.........I wouldn't do it. My understanding is that Fin blocks dht ar II and Dut blocks Fin dht ar II and ar I............I don't think the extra dosage of Fin blocking dht ar II is going to help since you're already getting that with Dut.

Do you have reference material showing Dut to be tough on the hairline but Fin helping? Or, on taking them both at the same time? My understanding is that EACH of them are strongest in the crown.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hi guys, thanks. My question arises from reading early posts from 2003-4 about people using dutasteride and having hairline trouble from it and propecia helping to alleviate that issue. Now that I'm looking more closely, the posts were on another site so I'm not sure if it's kosher to post them here (rivals?).

Has anyone here heard anything about the dutasteride/hairline issue?