scabs after 8 months postop?

Hi there,

First of all i would like to thank everyone involved in this site for their valuable info.

I have had a HT done 8 months back and i can still see scabs on my head( i am not sure if they are..)

my question is "is it possible to see scabs after 8 months post op"...does it happen that they don't fall even after such a long gap!

if yes, does it mean that the grafts are not placed properly and they r dead?

Kindly help me..i m worried because i am already 8 months post op and did not see much growth. and i can see some hair is still in infant stage and they r maturing just now..is it normal..i heard hair grows fully at 6 months mark! is it possible that i am a slow grower and will see some sprouting lately!

Appreciate your feedback on this!!

Regards,

rahul..

Hi there,

First of all i would like to thank everyone involved in this site for their valuable info.

I have had a HT done 8 months back and i can still see scabs on my head( i am not sure if they are..)

my question is "is it possible to see scabs after 8 months post op"...does it happen that they don't fall even after such a long gap!

if yes, does it mean that the grafts are not placed properly and they r dead?

Kindly help me..i m worried because i am already 8 months post op and did not see much growth. and i can see some hair is still in infant stage and they r maturing just now..is it normal..i heard hair grows fully at 6 months mark! is it possible that i am a slow grower and will see some sprouting lately!

Appreciate your feedback on this!!

Regards,

rahul..

Hi

No this is not normal .. You need to post some pics.. The only thing I could imagine was if you had some pimples which have occured due to growth?

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

hi Mrjb,

what is not normal?! i've asked so many questions..so i feel difficult in mapping ur unique answer to my questions!

do u mean scabs after 8 months is not normal?

or growth(just started now) after 8 months?

anyways i think it will be clear after u see my post op pics..i'll be posting them in a week's time. Thanks for your reply..

At 8 months, I do not think it is possible to see scabs that is a result from the original recipient incisions. As Mrjb mentioned, the scabs that you are experiencing could come from pimples that have popped/bled due to ingrown hairs and thus causing scabs.

It does not necessarily mean that the grafts were not placed properly nor are they dead. It is possible that you are a slow grower.

Most people start seeing growth anyway between 3 to 5 months, 50% growth by 6 to 9 months and final result of their HT by 12 to 14 months. However, there are other factors to consider like how many grafts you got and if you are taking finasteride to prevent further loss.

Rahul_39, To this day I still have scabing on my donor scar from an HT two plus years ago. I've wondered about it from time to time but I'm in perfect shape and it's so slight I don't care.

I was referring to the scabing.. Those of you who are mentioning the scabing, we would love to see these so we may comment

No growth at 8 months would be rare but again , wait a year and be sure to document the progress with pictures.. Mnay times the results are so gradual you do not notice

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Rahul,

Who was your doctor? Have you been in touch with him?

From what all I have read and heard, you should see some, if not substantial growth at 8 months. Full results may take more than 1 year. I am puzzled by the scab comment of yours. This is the first time I have heard of scabs at 8 months.

If I guess, I will think its either dandruff or you have cobblestone effect leading to scabs even now.

Rahul,

Regarding scabbing...

It really depends on what you mean. Can you be more specific? You shouldn't have any existing scabs from your immediately post op case...however, it is possible as new hairs start to grow in, that ingrown hairs will pop and become scabs (yes, even after 8 months). This can happen.

New growth is also possible after 8 months, though typically there is not much new growth at that point.

I agree that you have reason to be worried if you have not had much growth by 8 months.

Either one of two things happened:

1. You have had an unsuccessful hair transplant - though I recommend giving it a full year to make a final evaluation

2. All your transplanted hairs grew in and you lost additional native hair either due to permanent shockloss OR MPB in general.

Who was your doctor? What has he/she had to say about your situation?

Bill