3000 FU Procedure - Where?

Well I am going to have my second 3000FU procedure done. My first 3400 FU procedure was done in the front towards the middle of the scalp. This was two years ago.

Since then I have thinned out in the area from the transplanted area back towards the rear of the top of my head. I still have hair there but it is thinning. The transplanted hair kind of disguises the thinning area as it is behind it.

My question is if I should have my next 3000 FU procedure done in the front area AGAIN to thicken the area or to concentrate in getting the back done?

I know a second procedure in the same area would give me more density.

I was told to think about long term instead of short term. So basically if I did it in front again to thicken the area, it will look good, but as time passes I will have a bald spot on the top of my head.

Any input????

Well I am going to have my second 3000FU procedure done. My first 3400 FU procedure was done in the front towards the middle of the scalp. This was two years ago.

Since then I have thinned out in the area from the transplanted area back towards the rear of the top of my head. I still have hair there but it is thinning. The transplanted hair kind of disguises the thinning area as it is behind it.

My question is if I should have my next 3000 FU procedure done in the front area AGAIN to thicken the area or to concentrate in getting the back done?

I know a second procedure in the same area would give me more density.

I was told to think about long term instead of short term. So basically if I did it in front again to thicken the area, it will look good, but as time passes I will have a bald spot on the top of my head.

Any input????

I assume you are using Propecia, to try to save all those crown hairs you still have left?

I hope so!

I would try to get a light coverage in the crown if you have enough donor hair, but not at the expense of the front. Personally I don't mind a thinning look or even a baldspot, as long as it all looks natural. I'd rather not have a perfect hairline, with a big bald crown. I like HT that follow a pattern of loss actually seen in nature.

Why don't you just get a thousand or so, and leave the back until later? Just get the finishing touches on the front and mid scalp? Why such a hurry to max out your donor supply?

Maybe you could post your pics?

The reason I am getting a 3000 FU procedure is that the down time of getting numerous smaller procedures is not possible.

I was thinking maybe of getting the top of the head done and then working my way into the previously transplanted area. I will leave my frontal hairline alone. I will work my way from the back forwards.

I think if I get my frontal area done it will look much denser. But in a year or two I will have a balding spot behind my mid scalp towards the back. So I figure that I am better off getting the top and rear portions doen to give an equal look.

Of course, I won't have a "full" head of hair but it will look more uniform.

I will try and get some pictures up///

I'm not suggesting you get numerous procedures. I just think you should not use up all 3000 grafts unless it is necessary. I would avoid putting grafts in the crown, if you still have a decent amount of hair there. Crown graft coverage will probably be light anyway, so putting grafts in an area with some coverage will gain you nothing, except exchanging grafted hair for natural hair.

I'm just saying use your donor area up "as needed" and not because you are on a tight schedule.

What about Propecia by the way?

I am not yet on Propecia. I will go on it soon.

My crown has some hair but it is very thin. It is on its way out and will be gone in a year or so.

It blows my mind that some guys are willing to undergo surgery, but not willing to try preventative medication first. You could maybe save yourself some unnecessary surgery, by maintaining those crown hairs. Plus whatever other original hair a guy has, will make his HT look all the better.

Who is your doctor? Most good HT doctors want you on Propecia, before any surgery. It probably helps with shock fallout. As Dr. Parsely said, you don't just let all your teeth rot, and then ask a dentist to replace them all.

Sorry Cutlass

I shouldn't assume you are unwilling to try Propecia...as i was writing, I got interrupted. Too late to edit my post.

But it is so important to save your remaining hair, even if you are getting HT... especially if you get a HT!