Minoxidil Scalp Issue

Harry Monster

Hey my fellow balding brethren...

I've been using minoxidil for the last month and have had only slight itching since I started using it...which hasn't been too much of an annoyance. For the last few days however, my scalp feels like it has a sunburn. For you long time users, do you also experience this? I'm going to take a small break but I'd love to hear some feedback...

Thanks. I love this forum!

HM

Hey my fellow balding brethren...

I've been using minoxidil for the last month and have had only slight itching since I started using it...which hasn't been too much of an annoyance. For the last few days however, my scalp feels like it has a sunburn. For you long time users, do you also experience this? I'm going to take a small break but I'd love to hear some feedback...

Thanks. I love this forum!

HM

Harry,

Scalp irritation is a relatively common potential side effect with Rogaine (minoxidil). You may want to try switching to Rogaine foam which doesn't contain the ingredient propylene glycol, the agent typically responsible for scalp inflammation.

If the inflammation continues however, you may consider going down the 2% minoxidil solution or stopping it altogether.

Glad to hear you are finding some valuable information in our community.

Best wishes,

Bill