Hair Appearance

Smoothy

After reading a lot about hair thickness and thinness appearence, I wanted to list what makes a persons hair regardless of natural or HT, look thin. Most of this is known.

Long sideburns make a persone hairline appear more receeding (I've experienmented with this and sure enought longer sideburns do give illusion of more receeding temples?)

Darker hair gives a thinner illusion than lighter hair. If thin hair, lighten it and it will appear thicker-- (i've experimented w/this also)

Hair dye hair looks thinner than blow dry. Blow drying your hair first "forward" then "up" before combing it, will give it a fluff look and thicker.

Also, having a white scalp makes hair look thinner especially if you have dark hair. Getting a tan scalp helps the Illusion of thickness.

Finally longer hair looks thinner because of the weight, shorter hair will give thicker illussion/appeareance in the front.

SMOOTHY

Shapiro

Propecia/Rogaine

MSM/Saw Palmetto

Nioxin Shampoo

Zrii Daily

After reading a lot about hair thickness and thinness appearence, I wanted to list what makes a persons hair regardless of natural or HT, look thin. Most of this is known.

Long sideburns make a persone hairline appear more receeding (I've experienmented with this and sure enought longer sideburns do give illusion of more receeding temples?)

Darker hair gives a thinner illusion than lighter hair. If thin hair, lighten it and it will appear thicker-- (i've experimented w/this also)

Hair dye hair looks thinner than blow dry. Blow drying your hair first "forward" then "up" before combing it, will give it a fluff look and thicker.

Also, having a white scalp makes hair look thinner especially if you have dark hair. Getting a tan scalp helps the Illusion of thickness.

Finally longer hair looks thinner because of the weight, shorter hair will give thicker illussion/appeareance in the front.

SMOOTHY

Shapiro

Propecia/Rogaine

MSM/Saw Palmetto

Nioxin Shampoo

Zrii Daily

What about being over weight?

I mean I've noticed pictures of myself where I'm slightly over weight with a roundish face, compared to where i'm back in shape - and my hair looks better here. Being over weight, results in a puffier face (i know this doesn't increase your scalp size icon_smile.gif) But what i'm trying to get at is the puffier face gives the illusion of a bigger scalp (just because in general your face is bigger) - if that makes sense - hence it looks like there is less hair covering it???

Does that make sense? I suppose I could have said just keep fit.