anyone shaving the recipient area

I had considered shaving the stragglers on at least the front part of my forehead. Anyone done this? I only had about 70% of the grafts bail and my hair will not fully cover the recipient area and it looks a little odd having these new stray hairs on my head.

I had considered shaving the stragglers on at least the front part of my forehead. Anyone done this? I only had about 70% of the grafts bail and my hair will not fully cover the recipient area and it looks a little odd having these new stray hairs on my head.

A lot of docs pefer shaving recp. area but this is your personal choice-- if you have hair that you can comb over and hide or a job that you can wear a cap-- then shaving is the best for the surgeon as it will not slow him down.

If not, then you can have it buzzed down to below an inch and this will help the surgeon as well as give you something to work with in concelment.

SMOOTHY

Dr. Shapiro

Rogaine xra-Propecia

MSM/Zinc/Saw Pallmetto

Enlyten anti-oxidant daily

I actually meant post op shaving of the recipient area to hide the wispy little hairs that are leftover after the shed. I can't really hide these with my hair on top and thought I would clean up the forehead until they start growing in

Brian,

In my opinion, before shaving the top of your head, be sure you are at least a few weeks, if not a month out from surgery.

Other than that, I see no reason why you can't use clippers or scissors on the recipient area.

I know as I waited for my third hair transplant to grow in, I kept my head shaved at a 2 clip.

Best wishes,

Bill