these are my pre-op photos

nervous

Hello nervous,

I posted on your other thread, but now I see pre op photos. If you could provide details of your experience and surgery that would surely help us. This is what I recommend:

1. Who was your doctor?

2. How many grafts/hairs did you receive?

3. When did you have your surgery? (I believe you said 3.5 months ago?)

4. Take some new pictures of your "shocked" condition and post them in this photo album.

Shockloss can certainly occur in areas where transplanted hair is placed with native hair. It's not uncommon. As long as you selected a reputable clinic that does ultra-refined follicular unit transplantation, you should be in good shape and the hair will return. Shockloss is no fun...but the good news is, it's typically temporary.

Bill

Bill_

The doctor is one the reputable docs from the coalition- I dont want to put the name at this time to start-I will wait for 2/3 months and the results at that time to see how I proceed. Sorry I dont have the post HT photos. The HT was on the conservative side close to 2500 grafts but with a high hair count of about 7500 hair.

So you do agree that at point it seems that the shockloss is on the higher side. Although I did start propecia a month before the operation so that would make it about 5 months on propecia which might explain some of it do you think

Hi nervous,

Hope you are doing well. I sympathize with your concerns. Some questions I would to ask which might help to assess your situations are:

1). Did your surgeon discuss shockloss with you prior surgery? Did your doctor mentioned your chances of shockloss?

2). Were you required or encouraged to buzz down the recipient area for surgery?

3). When the doctor was placing the grafts along with the technicians, did the doctor placed the grafts more in the front of the scalp or more in the midsection of the the scalp?

4). are you using monoxidil? If so for how long?

5). Have you expressed your concern about your pos-op shockloss with the doctor? If so, what was told to you?

Thanks. I hope your hair grows back soon.

-RP

rp- I am not overly concerned at this point. I went to one of the best doctors. so I will give it 3 more months but i did want to get the opinion of the board that my shockloss was a bit more than usual or if I was wrong in my assesment at this point.