Help me decide

dhuge67

Okay, I'm now 7.2 months post-op and really upset about the density and hairline situation. I am going to do something to fix that in February but I'm not sure what doctor to go to. I also can't decide on the method of surgery.

I'm thinking of getting a FUE for the hairline to ONLY put hair in the area where there has ALREADY been a procedure (so if it shocks hair, it will only shock hair that will regrow) & it will just "normalize" the density in that area.

I would go for a full-on FUT but I can't considering the Marine Corps PLC program ahead of me, next Summer. The downtime of a week or two from FUE is bad enough, let alone a month (or 2+) from FUT.

Who does a good FUE in the North East? I was and still am thinking Dr. Feller in New York, but I'm not sure.

Thank you for any input.

Today was hard for me on the first day of classes; a professor told us his only rule was to take off hats. I just told him that I wasn't comfortable doing that, as I "just" had an operation. He let me leave it, but it made me embarrassed and really uncomfortable.

icon_frown.gif

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

Okay, I'm now 7.2 months post-op and really upset about the density and hairline situation. I am going to do something to fix that in February but I'm not sure what doctor to go to. I also can't decide on the method of surgery.

I'm thinking of getting a FUE for the hairline to ONLY put hair in the area where there has ALREADY been a procedure (so if it shocks hair, it will only shock hair that will regrow) & it will just "normalize" the density in that area.

I would go for a full-on FUT but I can't considering the Marine Corps PLC program ahead of me, next Summer. The downtime of a week or two from FUE is bad enough, let alone a month (or 2+) from FUT.

Who does a good FUE in the North East? I was and still am thinking Dr. Feller in New York, but I'm not sure.

Thank you for any input.

Today was hard for me on the first day of classes; a professor told us his only rule was to take off hats. I just told him that I wasn't comfortable doing that, as I "just" had an operation. He let me leave it, but it made me embarrassed and really uncomfortable.

icon_frown.gif

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Well, I cut it too close and yeah, the density is not good enough.

My friend looked closely at my head (mind you, it is cut down to a #1-2), and he said, "it looks swollen." He meant where the hair is coming out, it is slightly bumpy and raised. You can only tell when it's this short, but it shows that the incision holes were too large.

Jesus.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by John_in_NC:

That is scary. Please make another post warning future HT pattients about that. Dr Pistone either needs to keep up with the times or do something else.

You will be in good hands with Dr Feller, but you might also want to consider adjusting your schedule and go for one "final" strip HT and leave FUE to fix little things in the future years. If you do it in June, you will be fine by September for school. Sure it sucks, but you will be set probably for life; no need to worry abotu hair anymore.

Originally posted by dhuge67:

Well, I cut it too close and yeah, the density is not good enough.

My friend looked closely at my head (mind you, it is cut down to a #1-2), and he said, "it looks swollen." He meant where the hair is coming out, it is slightly bumpy and raised. You can only tell when it's this short, but it shows that the incision holes were too large.

Jesus.

While that may be true (about the strip), I'm going to consult with him for sure in February. My loss does seem to really slow if at all, right now, so that's good. I might want to just get through the Marine PLC training program next Summer before I do any surgery.

My timetable is as such.

Surgery is a go in February but I leave for Quantico, VA in the first week of June. That SHOULD leave me plenty of time to recover and get back into great shape.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

The "set for life" comment is just pure BS. He is a young guy (to me anyhow) and may have advanced hairloss.

My advice, stay on the meds and save your money and buy time, its on your side. If I had waited 6 more mos. I would of had trico closure and prob. a bigger session. Don't listen to people who say do it now because your young.

Please Dhuge, you wouldn't listen to us last time, sit back and try your best to get your mind off your hair.

and yes, we care.

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

yeah, the "set for life" comment sounds off, especially since you are a diffuse thinner, started so early, and heading for an advanced pattern of loss. see what H&W have to say, or feller. please please listen to what people are telling you this time around, too. all the bluster and bravado you exhibited before your surgery with Pistone obviously didn't compensate for his lack of technical ability, and it's no fun to watch somebody get cut down to size w/ their bad results. you can't be spending your whole 20s dicking around on this board every day and doing a surgery a year every time the result don't meet your expecatations. best of luck dude....

Right. I'm going to see what a top doc says and I'll listen.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by John_in_NC:

That's my view too. yes he is young, but he already started the HT process, he is NOT happy with it (notice how he has to wear a hat) and 1000 FU at a time are not the way to go. A good doctor will see him and say, "you are headed to #4, #5 or #6" and this is what I suggest based on what donor hair you have. If the math makes sense, I would make believe that the existing hair on top does not exist and pack the area up. If he does not have enough donor hair to provide full density everywhere, then he has to set his priorities and plan accordingly. He already had 1600 FU and another 2500 should give him plenty of density up to the crown. It's just a matter of time before he is forced to do it anyway IMO, the thinning hair will eventually fall, so he has no need to suffer this way.

Originally posted by troy:

Dhuge, I do feel bad for you that you are in this postion. I think you should do a online consult with a few of the big names and see what they say and recomend. Go in for a dense packing and put it behind you.

That makes sense to me.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog