To: Badboy, danger, and all who suffer hairloss

Hi guys, I am 21 yrs old and suffering from hair loss. Danger, badboy, I know you guys are young, how do you guys deal with this? Right now, I am so depressed and I have almost no social life whats so ever and I am in college. Badboy, I learned that you had a HT. I, too, had a HT on the frontal, I was a norwood 3. And I am at 4.5 months post op. I have experienced some growth but not all have grown out or thicken enough. How is your growth, badboy? Also, how much grafs did you have? I had about 1000. Also, to all you guys, young or middle aged, how do you guys manage to get dates? I am soo torned right now. I wear a cap everyday in class and i am just so worried if others find out about my hair loss. As badboy said, our dads love us but....Why it has to be me...why so early though...ahhhhhhhhhh, this hairloss really has changed my outlook on my future and my life, I am no longer the same...I am not out going anymore and I am too scared to ask the opposite sex out for dates. I feel like my life is ruined. I miss the good old high school days...it's a long distant past for me now. I don't think I would ever find a girl again...

Hi guys, I am 21 yrs old and suffering from hair loss. Danger, badboy, I know you guys are young, how do you guys deal with this? Right now, I am so depressed and I have almost no social life whats so ever and I am in college. Badboy, I learned that you had a HT. I, too, had a HT on the frontal, I was a norwood 3. And I am at 4.5 months post op. I have experienced some growth but not all have grown out or thicken enough. How is your growth, badboy? Also, how much grafs did you have? I had about 1000. Also, to all you guys, young or middle aged, how do you guys manage to get dates? I am soo torned right now. I wear a cap everyday in class and i am just so worried if others find out about my hair loss. As badboy said, our dads love us but....Why it has to be me...why so early though...ahhhhhhhhhh, this hairloss really has changed my outlook on my future and my life, I am no longer the same...I am not out going anymore and I am too scared to ask the opposite sex out for dates. I feel like my life is ruined. I miss the good old high school days...it's a long distant past for me now. I don't think I would ever find a girl again...

Hey Mav, yah, I feel your pain. I started thinning in the crown when I was 20. I was always known for my long wavy hair and didn't see it coming at all. I'm now 23 and have a thin spot the size of the palm of your hand. I'm lucky though, cause my hairline is the same as it's always been. Guess I got the Ted Danson thing going on. Toppik has definitely been a life saver! With it in, no one would ever know I was going bald. I've been on Propecia now for about 9 months and it seems to be working. Who knows maybe I'll get some regrowth. But yeah dude, I feel your pain for sure. LOL, I used to be a frickin' model, so it hit me hard. It took me a long time to deal with it. I've only now been feeling better about it. But the way I see it is that I'm doing all that I can. I figure that if I'm on meds to stop it (propecia, avodart, etc.) and I get a good transplant when I'm 25 in the crown and for future loss and get maintenance procedures if needed, I'll have a "good enough" head of hair for the rest of my life. I figure a slightly receeded hairline with a thin spot of about the size of a toonie is what I'll eventually have when it's all said and done, and I'm cool with that. I guess I have to be. You need to really realize that we are in the day and age where hair loss can be prevented with meds, and hair transplantation is so good, that if you had the will, you can have the hair! Keep the faith brother, don't think that you'll be some bald dork that can't get a date. Don't do it! You're on this site and you want to do something about it. Take the Propecia, get an ht from an awesome doc when you're ready, and just keep with it. Educate yourself and most importantly be smart and be REALISTIC!

Cheers,

danger

I'm 21 also and well on my way to baldness. I shave my hair down to stubble so it is not very noticeable. But if it gets any longer than stubble, you can see that it is very thin all over my head and my crown is extremely thin. I have been taking propecia for about 6 months now and I dont think it has been doing anything for me.

I havent been dealing well with my hairloss either. Being only 21 and going bald can sometimes feel like the worst thing in the world. I also wear a hat all the time now, but I try not to make it a habit because I dont want to become dependent on it.

I'm also afraid to see reactions from people who I havent seen in a long time and remember me as having longer hair.

It's just something we have to deal with. The only thing we can do is take advantage of the meds and HT technology (which I personally do not plan on doing).

guys, thanx for the reply...yeah its tough. Danger, you mentioned about Toppik, which I am planning to experience soon, but I have a question...apparently, toppik has another product called Hair Fattener I believe...you know anything about the difference of regular toppik and toppik hair fattener? Also, is toppik sold in stores instead of ordering online? I mean, I prefer to buy it right away from store more but its no big deal if I have to order it online. "Bean man", lossing hair at 21 yrs sucks balls!!! I am tryin to do whatever I can to improve...in a realistic approach.