Hair to graft ratio

First time posting but have been reading for months.Had 2146 grafts done(front core) by Dr.Shapiro 4/19(3 days ago) and the total hair count was 4389.Just curious to see what the average yeild is for total hair counts out there.I have staples but have started to use aloa & mederma lightly on them before I get them taken out.Also the graftcyte spray.I had some bleeding from donor scar the night after surgery but when I went back to SMC for the next day shampoo Dr.Shapiro said it was very minor and sealed it up.I do have some forehead swelling but besides that so far so good.I flew from CT. to MN. to have Dr.Shapiro do the work and am sure I made the right choice.Now the waiting game begins.Also your ball cap becomes your best friend.

First time posting but have been reading for months.Had 2146 grafts done(front core) by Dr.Shapiro 4/19(3 days ago) and the total hair count was 4389.Just curious to see what the average yeild is for total hair counts out there.I have staples but have started to use aloa & mederma lightly on them before I get them taken out.Also the graftcyte spray.I had some bleeding from donor scar the night after surgery but when I went back to SMC for the next day shampoo Dr.Shapiro said it was very minor and sealed it up.I do have some forehead swelling but besides that so far so good.I flew from CT. to MN. to have Dr.Shapiro do the work and am sure I made the right choice.Now the waiting game begins.Also your ball cap becomes your best friend.

You could not be in better hands. The only danger I see with his work is that it is so good that people see it and say I want a hair transplant and end up like I did not knowing that there is a profound difference in the techniques and skills out there.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

He did 2236 for me in May of 2003. He does great work. I have the same experience as you. Just a little forhead swelling for a day or two. just a spot or two of blood on the dressing. You will be amazed in 6 months. You made the right choice. One thing.. You will want want more work, just because you realize theres no more fear about a botched job. Ron does totally natural looking hairlines.

jj

Originally posted by GregP:

Awesome choice for frontal core work-- Shapiro is the best with the front area of the scalp. As far as hairs to FUs-- it's hard to tell- depends on a persons donor density (thickness to begin with)-- also how many 1,2,3,4 hair grafts were placed. The hairline and frontal core, most FUs are 1 and 2 hair grafts-- as you get back into the midscalp more 3,4s are used but 1 and 2s mostly to keep an 100% natural look.

I only used GaftCyte on the donor area until the staples came out- then I began the aloa and mederma for a couple of months-- it really help reduce the scar and the "rise"-- I can not feel anything with that particular procedure.