new hair shedding cycle

NC30

I posted this question at the end of my response to skinnyvi's previous post, but I figured that it might get a better answer as a new post.

I am aware that hair goes through shedding/resting cycles in which hair naturally sheds and normally returns after its resting phase. My question is, when you receive an HT, will all the grafts automatically start the shedding/resting cycle clock at the same time? In other words, after I've received growth from my HT, let's say a year and 3 months later, will it all start to go through the shedding at approximatley the same time? OR, will the hairs start their cycle once they begin to "sprout" thereby putting them on different shedding schedules?

I posted this question at the end of my response to skinnyvi's previous post, but I figured that it might get a better answer as a new post.

I am aware that hair goes through shedding/resting cycles in which hair naturally sheds and normally returns after its resting phase. My question is, when you receive an HT, will all the grafts automatically start the shedding/resting cycle clock at the same time? In other words, after I've received growth from my HT, let's say a year and 3 months later, will it all start to go through the shedding at approximatley the same time? OR, will the hairs start their cycle once they begin to "sprout" thereby putting them on different shedding schedules?

NC30

After the initial graft growth occurs your hair then goes back to a "regular random" growth/shed cycle..just like before, and you already know this but Propecia helps that cycle considerably in most Men.

For me after 2 HT's and regular use of Propecia I have very little normal shedding, even less than normal, maybe 20 hairs daily (a guess), but quite improved.

A small footnote: when I reduced my Propecia dose from .5 mg daily down to .25 mg daily I then began to see increased shedding, so I am firmly at .5 mg daily and more if warranted later.

NW

I am trying to take the lowest effective dose - I will bump up to 1 mg in the future if needed, however .5 mg is working for me, and from what I hear some others as well. Hopefully my system will not build resistence etc...

NW