Post-Op scab removal

Hi All:

I had my HT done last Wednesday with Dr.Cooley, everything has gone on very well. I have no swelling or major discomfort. Just a little discomfort around donor area which goes away after i take tylenol. so far so good. But, i am very cautious about washing on the 7th or 8th day to remove scab myself. I am planning on going to Dr. Cooley's office this Friday to have them wash my head and remove the scabs. It will be the 9th day after my surgery. Do you all recommend getting your head washed and scabs removed from your Doctor? I am sure this will definitely make me feel real better. Thanks for your suggestions as always.

Hi All:

I had my HT done last Wednesday with Dr.Cooley, everything has gone on very well. I have no swelling or major discomfort. Just a little discomfort around donor area which goes away after i take tylenol. so far so good. But, i am very cautious about washing on the 7th or 8th day to remove scab myself. I am planning on going to Dr. Cooley's office this Friday to have them wash my head and remove the scabs. It will be the 9th day after my surgery. Do you all recommend getting your head washed and scabs removed from your Doctor? I am sure this will definitely make me feel real better. Thanks for your suggestions as always.

Dr. Cooley will do what is best for you. You don't need to worry.

Each doc is different in terms of when to begin manipulating the recipient area to remove the scabs. I always advise people to follow their docs instructions, especially with coalition docs, as it is proven in their practices to be most effectie and the results speak for themselves.

Again, Dr. Cooley won't do anything to harm your new grafts.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Thanks Eman. When Dr. Cooley is around, i am or for that matter anyone should be very comfortable. i know he is the best out there and what ever he does will be the best for me. For this reason, i just want my 'babies' to be first washed by him or someone from his office. Even his entire staff is really professional and very cordial.

I know Dr. Cooley provides a complementary scab removal after 7 days. This way i can also have him see how things are healing up for me. When it comes to Dr. Cooley, you can be rest assured that things are going to be all well.

I saw your pics, wow, that a change in only 6 months!! You must be a very happy man. For the first 3-4 months i am not going to worry too much about my hair shedding or shock loss if there is any. I know after 4 months is the time to get excited. I cant believe i have it done and its already 5 days out. Cheers!