itching

I had my ht on 10-04-02 and just recently I have started to itch quite a bit on my frontal area. What causes this? does it mean that I'm healing or that my new hair is trying to break skin.

luberta

luberta

I had my ht on 10-04-02 and just recently I have started to itch quite a bit on my frontal area. What causes this? does it mean that I'm healing or that my new hair is trying to break skin.

luberta

luberta

The itching you are experiencing is common following hair transplantation surgery. When it occurs shortly after the procedure it generally means that there is still healing occuring below the surface of the skin. When it happens 3-5 months after the procedure it is usually an indication that some of the new hairs are trying to break through to the surface of the scalp. If the itching gets really bad you can try 0.5% Hydrocortisone cream 1-2 times per day. If after a few days the itching persists, you should contact your hair restoration physician.

Doctor,

Is there any remedy for itching in the donor area? I am about 5 months post-op and have had this itching since month 3. I was wondering if the medication taken orally for poison ivy itching (can't remember it's name) would be effective. How long can I expect this situation to go on? I notice it especially at the "corners" of the scar.