Consult w/ DR. Cooley

Tuesday I had a consult w/Dr. Cooley in N. Carolina. Dr. Cooley performed my first procedure 18 months ago of 1600 grafts and I could not be more pleased with the results. My donor scar is virtually non-existant.

I have decided to have a second procedure of 800 grafts to bolster ( density wise ) a 20 sq cm area in the front to mid scalp.I have not yet scheduled a surgery date but I expect that it will occur before the end of the year.

I will keep this board informed of the progress.

Definitely keep the crew here updated on your procedure. I know Dr. Rose has been complimentary of Dr. Cooley's work on several occasions. That is a good sign. Best wishes.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

hairthere

Before my first HT, I was advised on several different consults with different doctors that I would need between 1500 and 2000 grafts. I am probably overly cautious by nature and opted for the low end. I did not want to risk shock loss by too invasive a procedure.I think that was a good choice.

I am still concerned about shock, and if I wasn't so neurotic could certainly forego another procedure.But as nobuzz4me says, 800 correctly placed grafts can make a big difference.And, given how well my first procedure went and how much I trust Dr. Cooley, Now is a good time for me to augment my first procedure.