Need advice

I have been taking Propecia for 2 1/2 months and have seen new growth with what looks like many new hairs starting to grow in the front.

I have a HT scheduled in 2 weeks, should I wait a longer period to see the progress of propecia?

I have been taking Propecia for 2 1/2 months and have seen new growth with what looks like many new hairs starting to grow in the front.

I have a HT scheduled in 2 weeks, should I wait a longer period to see the progress of propecia?

river rat,

you mentioned you had growth up at the front. where at? the front middle part or the temple areas on the side? or both?

I have had growth on both the sides and middle front, hair is very fine and light, but has only been 10 weeks. Some is starting to darken up. I'm

concerned HT incisions will kill new growth and possibly stop potential up and coming new hairs.

cool, i just order some proscar/propecia. it should come in 2 days. man, if it can grop some hair in my temple areas, then toppik will do the rest as far as coverage.......i'll be a happy man!

river rat,

When I started Propecia over 3 years ago (when my crown started to thin), I noticed much the same response at about the 3 month mark. My crown grew back in full force and has remained full ever since.

When I got my first HT (Dr Shapiro) just over 5 months ago (which is now starting to look fricking amazing, btw), I suffered a fair bit of shock loss, even on the crown (which wasn't touched). Thankfully, most all those hairs from the recipient zone have already begun their return, but the crown is now already fully restored.

I guess my point is this: If you're experiencing a return of hair anywhere within the intended recipient zone, I would personally push the HT out by at least another 9 months - to see how things progress, if not just stabilize strengthwise. I wouldn't do it any sooner, myself.

Congrats on your excellent response to finasteride. I owe it a lot!

Regards,

HarryLemon

I agree, if you are seeing a good response to Propecia, I would wait. It should be your goal to avoid a hair transplant if at all possible... there is no hair transplant in the world that can compare to having your original hair.

I would call your clinic and ask to postpone. Give yourself a year on Propecia, and see where you are at.

Supposedly a guy went to see Dr. Rassman for a hair transplant recently. Rassman put him on Propecia. The guy actually regrew all of his hair! He avoided the surgery completely.

If I were you, I would continue with Propecia (and possibly consider adding Minoxidil), and see where this road takes you.

Surgery should always be a last resort, when medication doesn't do the trick.