Avodart Question

mrkneed

Hi,

I would NOT use it as there simply is not enough evidence as refards its side effects. I really do not know thatmuch about drugs but my sister is a very high level director for a company that checks, tests and analyses drugs and research from the pharmaceutical companies and she travels all over the world.

She has told me that these big drug companies use very trick in the book to make their drugs as marketable as possible and she has to threaten them sometimes to get them to reveal everything. Even then, they play all sorts of tricks, especially on what the declare as side effects and dangers. Also they play about with the research to make it look better than what it is. Now consider that alot of these drugs get approval. My point being that Avodart is not approved for hair loss, no serious studies have been conducted on its safety, side effects or dangers and even if there was, chances are it would be made, the evidence would most likely be made to look better than it would probably be. Don't mess with anything until it has been at least been approved and you have some sort of idea what it might to to you.

Regards

Balding Indian.

Avodart which contains dudasteride is more potent than Propecia (finasteride) and blocks both type 1 and type 2 5-alpha-reductase enzymes whereas Propecia only blocks type 2.

Avodart in theory will be a more potent DHT inhibitor and therefore possibly a stronger treatment for hair loss, however, with the additional strength comes the increased risks of side effects.

Additionally, since it has not been formally tested for both safety and efficacy as a hair loss treatment, long term benefit and risks are conjecture at this point.

Before considering Avodart, I'd consider Propecia. Hair restoration physicians who prescribe avodart typically do so with hair restoration patients who have first tried Propecia with no success OR Propecia stopped working for them.

Consult with a physician before proceeding with any medication.

Bill