Am I out of options?

guitar557

I posted once before on the this board because my hairloss was really very frightening and dramatic. Ive been advised by more than a few that transplanting is a bad idea for guys my age(21), and propecia and proscar arent great either, especially because of the side effects. So, basically its just a crappy situation all around. Recently Ive been reading up on nutrition, and how the prostate affects the creation of DHT, which we all know is the root of all of this. Well, from what Ive gathered, it seems that supplements such as Saw Palmetto and Soy seriously counter the production of DHT, while promoting prostate health. I was just wondering what your opinions were on this, especially if you currently use them. Also, have any of you tried the "natural hairloss cures" such as Provillus, etc? I am so desperate I am ready to try anything.

I posted once before on the this board because my hairloss was really very frightening and dramatic. Ive been advised by more than a few that transplanting is a bad idea for guys my age(21), and propecia and proscar arent great either, especially because of the side effects. So, basically its just a crappy situation all around. Recently Ive been reading up on nutrition, and how the prostate affects the creation of DHT, which we all know is the root of all of this. Well, from what Ive gathered, it seems that supplements such as Saw Palmetto and Soy seriously counter the production of DHT, while promoting prostate health. I was just wondering what your opinions were on this, especially if you currently use them. Also, have any of you tried the "natural hairloss cures" such as Provillus, etc? I am so desperate I am ready to try anything.

Last year I was told by a cardiologist to change my diet away from meat, dairy and carbs. My diet is now high bran, fish, soy and low meat and low fat. From what I have been reading recently, mostly because I notice it more maybe, is that soy is a mayor reason why the Japanese have less heart attacks, live longer and have less prostate problems and less hair loss than the west. I take soy with my all bran bud cereal every morning now.

And, to cut a long story short. I still lost a lot of hair in the last year. I think once the gene for hair loss is switched on, it's difficult to stop with food and exercise alone.

If your not already taking Propecia or Avodart, now would be a good time to think about them. But as with everything, get professional advice, and do your own research, which it looks like your already doing.

Hi

I've been on Propecia for 7 years plus without any side effects.. I think that angle is blown out of proportion.. It's like women taking Birth control, or people taking anytype of meds.. There is always potential risks.. For me, no side effects at all

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Guitar, alot of people here might not agree with this but here goes.

You can save your hair by doing scalp massage.

After I started using a scalp massage brush to help with laxity in anticipation of getting a HT, I had developed a side effect. My hair in front that was a few barely visable locks started growing longer & stronger than they have been for a long time! And the rest of my hair looks amzingly healthy.

I told my wife if this continues I won't need a Ht! So my point is if I would have been doing this at an early age (I am 49 now), I might have been able to save my hair.

My advice, Do vigorous scalp massage daily for at least 30 minutes or more , take all the supplements that might benefit hair growth & see what happens.

Also guys, this is excellent to do your scalp stretching exercises with, Pat named it the Folica donor maximizer!

Here is where you can get a scalp massge brush.

For about $2.50 you got nothin to loose except hair! Here is a link to buy 1. http://www.appletonbarbersupply.com/store/merchant.mv?S...Category_Code=HAIR01

Here is what it looks like.

flinn55.jpg.266dc7a44738d95e175b3ed60f75021b.jpg

Hi

With all due respect to Folica, the scalp massage stopping and re growing hair is highly unlikely.I'm estatic it worked for him but I would assume he is probably the only one on here who had a BIG result. It certainly won't hurt but as a solution, it's not practical.. I do highy agree with the scalp exersies for maximum donor contribution.. It worked for me..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hi

With all due respect to Folica, the scalp massage stopping and re growing hair is highly unlikely.

Mrjb, I knew there would be doubters, but when you say it is highly unlikely, I would like to know if you have tried this or researched it or that it just don't make sense to you?

Hi Folica

What is your scientific explantion fo regrowth with Massage? How does it decrease your DHT levels? The increased blood flow may help minimally but it is not going to help everyone with their hairloss problems. Your theory is already on all of the wives tales bulletins. This is similar to the whole laser comb theroy, which is questionable as well..

Of course it can't hurt and I'm sure it feels good.

JB

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Mrjb, I know, I know... It probably won't reverse or even stop MPB to a great extent especially because no one would keep up with doing it on a daily basis.

But I do see a difference in my hair & as I said some vellus hairs have gotten stronger.

When I see a dozen hairs growing where they were dormant I get excited!

I am not saying it will grow you a head of hair, but it just might help you keep what you have healthier just because your are increasing blood flow.

This kid seems desperate!

Just trying to help. icon_smile.gif

I agree with folica....Gotta keep the blood circulating.

1st HT 1-5-05 - 1894 FUT's Dr. Glenn Charles

2nd HT 12-18-06 - 1542 FUT's Dr. Glenn Charles

Total: 3436 FUT's

Current Protocol: Propecia Daily, Laser Therapy EOD 20 mins.

Folica's post

"Guitar, alot of people here might not agree with this but here goes.

You can save your hair by doing scalp massage.

After I started using a scalp massage brush to help with laxity in anticipation of getting a HT, I had developed a side effect. My hair in front that was a few barely visable locks started growing longer & stronger than they have been for a long time! And the rest of my hair looks amzingly healthy.

I told my wife if this continues I won't need a Ht! So my point is if I would have been doing this at an early age (I am 49 now), I might have been able to save my hair.

My advice, Do vigorous scalp massage daily for at least 30 minutes or more , take all the supplements that might benefit hair growth & see what happens.

Yes, I agree to a small extent too but we must be careful not to give false hope. The majority of people will not "save their hair" from this so let's not make it out to be a legit solution to stop your hairloss and re grow extensively hair as mentioned in the first post.. As far as taking supplements this is another false hope as there are hundreds of them out there which do nothing..

Nothing wrong with massage but let's be realistic here.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I am so desperate I am ready to try anything.
Also, have any of you tried the "natural hairloss cures" such as Provillus, etc? I am so desperate I am ready to try anything.

Jobi, That was Guitars quote. So as far as natural hairloss cures, ( there are none I agree ) Scalp massage is basically the same as the laser comb recently approved by the FDA for

thinning hair. It stimulates the follicles & increases blood flow,So there is something to it though it may not work miracles.

As far as supplements, what do you say to all the people posting thier daily regimens such as

MSM, Multi vitamins, fish oil etc? Even after HT's.

Guitar said he is willing to try anything so I don't think recommending scalp massage & supplements is to far out of line. Some hope is better than no hope.

What would tell him to do based on his post?

Just wondering if you would recommend propecia for a 21 year old?

Thanks for the correction

For a 21 year I would recommend a couple things which will yield results and not steer him on a wild goose chase..

1- See a doc and check on getting on Propecia and Rogaine ( these are the only 2 items proven to regrow hair. I am omitting Lasercomb cuz I think it is a bunch of bull)

2- Start using Nizoral 3 x a week which has been proven to increase hair count ( not regow hair but it helps)

3 - Don't waste money on all of the supplements that don't work. MSM might speed up growth but does not halt hair loss.. The others don't work and are a waste..

That would be my suggestion on proactive treatments that will delivery results..Massage certainly would not hurt but I would'nt bet on it.It is similar to Lasercomb but you don't have the "lights" to stimulate the scalp.. A wast in my opinion

Trust me, I wasted so much time and money at 23 when I started losing my hair..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Laser Therapy works! I will explain....Laser light does increase blood flow but more importantly it stimulates the cells causing a host of positive reactions. I have been working with Low Level Lasers for over 5 years now and have seen first hand how they work. The downside is Laser Therapy does nothing in the way of blocking DHT. Propecia is VERY important but carries some negative side effects. I can explain these in detail and provide you with documented studies if you need them. I understand where you are...I was there at your age and did nothing but worry and watch my hair fall out day by day. The truth is that fighting genetic hair loss is very difficult and it might take several different methods combined to accomlish your goal. Don't give up bro!

1st HT 1-5-05 - 1894 FUT's Dr. Glenn Charles

2nd HT 12-18-06 - 1542 FUT's Dr. Glenn Charles

Total: 3436 FUT's

Current Protocol: Propecia Daily, Laser Therapy EOD 20 mins.

Fair enough Jobi. At least Guitar has something to go on. But I do see a difference in my hair with vigorous scalp massage.

Is Nizoral OTC any good or do you get the prescription kind?

Good luck Guitar!

And I hope your new Ht grows good Jobi,

I'm going for my first one soon!

Thanks all

I'm still not sold on the lasercomb thing.. Sorry icon_smile.gif . Nizoral you can get at the CVs or something like it .. I do agree with Tha Joe about attacking hairloss from all angles ..

Cheers

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Good video

Very vague on the singular effects of the lasercomb. They speak about all treatments together and the photo's are very "tricky" as the hair is combed differently ..

I'm still critical & wish some credible people on here would give a first hand experience. Notice the lasercomb company submitted the trials and photo's .. A little shady

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Yeah, I would like to buy one, but my dough is going for a HT!

It would do nothing cosmetically for someone like me a 49 yr old Norwwod 6.

I don't doub't it will probably stimulate some growth, not enough for me but maybe a 21 year

old?