When do grafts stop growing?

Do you guys know about what month do new grafts stop growing out of the scalp and there is only hair length growth and shaft thickening left?

I'm a little over 5 months post HT.

0.5 mg Avodart daily since 6/19/06

1950 grafts with Dr. Hasson in the front line 6/19/06.

Do you guys know about what month do new grafts stop growing out of the scalp and there is only hair length growth and shaft thickening left?

I'm a little over 5 months post HT.

Guest Cousin_It

Growplease...

There is no definitive answer to this question. A great many variables can influence the appearance of implanted grafts, among which, but not solely limited to:

1-our own unique genetic clocks which governs phases of hair growth, ie anagen,telogen etc,

2-graft size ie, 1, 2 or 3 follicles per graft

3-trauma to graft during excision and implantation

The range of time for their appearance can vary widely, from as little as 3-4 months to one year or more. Within these variables are even more variables that can have an effect of thier growth, so simply put, wait about a year or so, by that time just about all of them should have appeared, but still no guarantee. Hope this helps somewhat.

As Cousin It states, this varies between patients, however on average for all but the crown area (which takes longer) most of the grafts will grow by around month 7 to 8. You are at a good time right now at 5 months. Things will really happen for you for the next couple of months.

Having said that, I have seen some new sprouts on my own head even today at 14 months. Not many, but definitely 6 or 7. That tells me that my HT is far from mature.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

6 months my friend

thats thetime when I have see substantial results in my 2 HT's.. By 12 months there is even more of a differece.

Patience

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Thanks guys for the posts. This wait is ridiculous. Some times I'm okay with it all. And than all of a sudden I'm freaking out. Its all been coming in waves too....weird