Cutdown on Propecia?

Michael,

Congrats on getting your mojo back! I'm sure all 3 of your ex-girlfriends will be happy now icon_wink.gif.

Taking finasteride every other day is certainly an option. Some well respected hair transplant doctors such as Dr. Wong have recommended this for some of their patients.

What prevents me from personally doing it - is I've been taking finasteride 1mg per day for 3 years. I simply question whether or not cutting down will cause me to lose some of the hair below the crown.

I suppose I take a "if it's not broken, don't fix it" approach. But certainly if you are experiencing side effects from the meds - it's worth a shot.

Bill

Finasteride seems to be essentially a trade-off: More hair for more side-effects.

The recommended dosage of 1mg per day doesn't seem to be based on anything medical, but rather just picking a point on a chart that seemed like a decent balance between the two issues.

You can split pills into pieces if you want.

For example, half a milligram seems to have most of the effects of a whole milligram.

The stuff can last for more than a day, so you can take a given amount every other day if you wish. But I don't think I'd wait two days between doses.

------------------------------------------------