HAIR GROWTH

After reading posts stating that with transplants some people start showing early growth by the third month? I believe I also read on here that the average signs of growth begin at five months. Is the average for signs of growth five months? At five months, what are the signs of growth? Is it just the hair sprouting up or should you see most of the graphs popping through by the fifth month? If a person's growth is slow, will the graphs continue to grow after the five month period?

After reading posts stating that with transplants some people start showing early growth by the third month? I believe I also read on here that the average signs of growth begin at five months. Is the average for signs of growth five months? At five months, what are the signs of growth? Is it just the hair sprouting up or should you see most of the graphs popping through by the fifth month? If a person's growth is slow, will the graphs continue to grow after the five month period?

Jrbrass,

Everyone is different...

This is why I typically tell people to expect first signs of growth between 3-5 months.

It does appear that I've seen more people report first signs of growth between 3 and 4 months - but many don't start until later.

Later growth is just that...later growth. Those who start late will indeed finish late, but rest assured the growth will come.

Patience my friend icon_smile.gif

Bill

True, everyone is different, I didn't notice any of the transplanted grafts growing until the sixth month. I had some growth at around three months, but Dr. Charles told me it is most likely just my original hair that got shocked, but is now growing back.

• 1 month later...

hi all, what is the difference sings between original hair gorowning back and new hair is growing out!! how u can tell..for me it's been 2 months i have not seen any growth for both ..i just will be so happy if i got my existing hair back,,, i used to have full hair but with close eyes seemed thin but now all gone ,,and every minute pass i repeating PLEASE COME BACK PLEASE ,,so if i gonna get some back usually when and what is the difference btwn old hair and new hair growth,,,thnx

I had no growth at 3 mos which was expected. Months 4 and 5 were very good with lots of action - you could tell where the growth was starting by the development of small bumps on the scalp that were not really pimples but indicated hair was about to pop through. Now into the 6th month and not seeing as much of this type of indicator but believe it comes in waves with dormant periods in between. For me, the hairline came in first with the crown lagging. Sounds like this is typical and you just have to wait the full year to see final results.

Hi

Give yourself 6 months to see some growth.. Generally that is a safe benchmark but again..Everyone is different!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I am really excited for what I have coming up! It sounds like after month three is when the action starts. I am at month three and the growth I see I beleive is my own hair which is coming in maybe due to the Rogaine I've been using for almost three months. I do see a few hairs pushing through the surface that look like they are from the transplant but I know I have a long way to go. When I first had the transplant it looked like I had a buzz cut so I know there will be much more to come. The waiting game is a killer.

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

Dr. Epstein August 4, 2008

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

364 three and four hair grafts

4262 Total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro November 18, 2009

1896 grafts

760 one hair grafts

852 two hair grafts

288 three hair grafts

46 four hair grafts

3362 total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro July 1, 2011

1191 grafts

447 one hair grafts

580 two hair grafts

150 three hair grafts

14 four hair grafts

2113 total hair count

Hi all, stillhere hi bro i got ur message seems like we r in the same boat,,the same doc...check your p. message too

- question: i never used rogaine or any medication before cos i did not need it with full hair but now two weeks post ht i started to use rogaine foam! dr. ochs advise me to use it for 12 months. so if i stop using that rogaine does that will effects me!! like losing my existing hair if is gonna come back? and why after two months post ht the bald spot getting bigger and thinner!! no one on my entire life mentioned that i'm getting bald ,now wow i seem like that guy is going bald so quickly!! i could not hide it even with toppik .. advise me experts plz!!

bibarz and the rest of the gang....

I had a ht on may 15th . Two months later it was looking just about the same as before the transplant (I kept my hair a few inches long to cover) , by 10 weeks it started to look a tiny bit more filled in . Three months it was definately starting to fill in , four months I was getting happy because people I met weren't staring at my hairline anymore ( I had a repair/fill in session) now its almost 5 months and I'm not even thinking about my hair much anymore - because I'm out living my life and I'm not preoccupied with my hair anymore....

chibbler

chibbler, maybe u r living ur life now and happy cos u got ur existing hair back in two months(lucky you)which's make u look the same one but for me if i got my existing hair back it will cover all my head so look normal and happy..i forgot about the transplanted hair i just dreaming to get my full existing hair back to cover the ugly look i have now.. i just notice after 2 months i still losing a lot of hair started like few days ago (i lost most of my existing hair right after the ht. dr. ochs! put new grafts 4000 graft into my existing hair(i doubt he put 400 not 4000!! that cheater!!!the scar is awful 2