21 and losin!

Hello all I'm 21 years old and have been losing my hair for about a year now, although I noticed it to be getting worse about 2 months ago. I don't have a bald spot-- I'm losin guys all over my head, but it is getting progressively thinner and easier to see my scalp. I went to the derm and she said it could only be either MPB or stress. MPB doesn't run in my family so I'm jhst seeing if anyone has any advice or thoughts. Should I shave my head or get on any prescriptions? Or keep waiting it out? Thanks!

Hello all I'm 21 years old and have been losing my hair for about a year now, although I noticed it to be getting worse about 2 months ago. I don't have a bald spot-- I'm losin guys all over my head, but it is getting progressively thinner and easier to see my scalp. I went to the derm and she said it could only be either MPB or stress. MPB doesn't run in my family so I'm jhst seeing if anyone has any advice or thoughts. Should I shave my head or get on any prescriptions? Or keep waiting it out? Thanks!

Hey, sorry to hear about your situation. If you do have MPB, then there are three ways to tackle this 1)proprecia 2)Rogaine 3) nizoral shampoo. If you go on any of these read about the pro's and con's (side effects), and then make a suitable decision. Either way, i think it would do you good to buzz your hair down to a 1-3grade, just to see what you look like with short hair, because chances are, you are the only person to notice the loss atm. I wish i cut my hair short earlier, saved alot of time and constant looking in mirrors/fear of water sports or rain and wind! I am now much happier, do not mind my hair short, but have decided i want to keep what i have left so am on regime above! hope this is helpful and good luck!

I meant take all three together. AND there are some excellent products out there that cover up thinning and balding. I have tried nanogen, which is great, courve, which i did not like at first because of the colour, but now like. There is also dermatch, and toppik! give these a try, they work excellently, just remember to practice the application, as i think this is the hardest part!

From Bald to Bold,

Given that the link in your forum signature went to Hair Club for Men's facebook page, I can only assume you are somehow affiliated with them. Not only did you violate our terms of service that you agreed to when you signed up by posting a promotional link in your signature, but you are in violation for not disclosing your affiliation with them in your signature (without linking).

Whether or not you're affiliated with Hair Club, you are welcome to post here. But please read our terms of service and adhere to them or you will be suspended.

Best Regards,

Bill

I'm sorry, I didn't know that it included signatures. I thought I had deleted it after seeing that it wasn't accepted here. I am not hair club. I am going to be a patient with them and just wanted support from others since I will be posting my progress. I still would like to post here because well, it is related to what I want to get done.

-Julian W

From Bald to Bold,

As a patient, you are certainly welcome to post here and share your genuine experience and photos. I can certainly understand wanting support and you've come to the right place for it.

Please feel free to share your journey and photos on this forum, but restrain from posting promotional links.

All the best,

Bill

Thanks Bill! I am definitely going to do that. I would love to meet others going through the same journey as I am...or at least interested in it.

I have a question though. If I have a youtube page for videos...can I post videos here of my progress?

Hello, I am 21 and also have been having the exact same problem, losing hair all around especially on the sides and in the front--my hairline receeded a lot. My doc subscribed Propecia and I've been taking it religiously for almost a year now...There was a time when I didn't take it for one week but gladly, I didn't incur any problems after I started taking again. Anyway, after 5 months or so I've started to notice considerable change especially after I quit smoking. Overall, the results for me have been just amazing. All my hair has grown back. At 21, it could be just a hormonal imbalance so it's much easier to treat now.

Good luck to you!

By the way, this isn't an ad!

have a question though. If I have a youtube page for videos...can I post videos here of my progress?

Yes, as long as they're personal videos without the name of the clinic and their contact information broadcasted all over it. Personal videos are just fine :-).

Since you are interested in seeing other hair restoration transformations as well, you'll find hundreds on our forum and our hair loss weblogs.

Happy surfing :-).

Bill

Hide Post

Thanks Bill.

I am also interested paperpoint, did you have any side effects?

Hey I went to the derm a year ago and was perscribed propecia after using it 3 months i stoped because I didnt see any results. What did the derm say u have please let me know,Ihave a appointment with dr shapiro in minneapolis tommorow i so nervouse.

P.s. My email is maxtayler247@yahoo.com does anybody how I could pay for my surgery