nape hair for female hairline

Now I know that many people think that nape hair (via fue) should not be used because it is outside the safe zone, but what about females who have little to no thinning and just need some fine hairs for hairline work? I know that fue has a lower yield and the nape hairs are more delicate, but couldn't someone with a large supply be able to get a good result? I have already seen Dr. Umar's posts, but are there any other examples of nape hair fue on the hairline?

Sonia,

As you already know, using nape hair is somewhat controversial. There may be exceptions to the rule, but in general, I'd say using nape hair is not a good idea since it's prone to hair loss. But surgeons make decisions based on a number of variables.

Is there a reason why you aren't keen on using hair in the universal safe zone?

Bill

I'd say using nape hair is not a good idea since it's prone to hair loss. But surgeons make decisions based on a number of variables

Look at the Pics that Dr. Vito Quatela posted earlier. It certainly appears that he used nape hair to transplant into the ladies eyebrows.

Well the "safe zone" for woman from what I read is somewhat controversial, but I come from a family where none of the woman have had a problem with hair loss. So assuming that I will not eventually loose it, the finer hairs are better for the hairline.

Sonia,

You are right, depending on the type of hair loss, there may actually be no real safe zone.

Dakota,

It's hard to tell by the photo, but I'd say the hair taken in Dr. Quatela's photos is above the nape, but below the occipital bump.

But, as I said, a surgeon may take hair from varying locations, including the nape depending on circumstances.

Best wishes,

Bill