Hair transection in the donor site of scared patent?

Can any Dr's patenets out there tell me if transection of hair follicles in the donor site of scared patent is less than that of a 'virgin' scalp?

I I figure that if the donor site of the second ht is created by cutting along one side of the scar from the first ht then transection should, theoreticaly be hlved as there are no follicles to transect in the scar tissue?

But this assumes that the donor scar can form one side of the new donor site.

Is this normal? what is common practace on creating a second donor area when the patent already has a linier scar?

NV

Can any Dr's patenets out there tell me if transection of hair follicles in the donor site of scared patent is less than that of a 'virgin' scalp?

I I figure that if the donor site of the second ht is created by cutting along one side of the scar from the first ht then transection should, theoreticaly be hlved as there are no follicles to transect in the scar tissue?

But this assumes that the donor scar can form one side of the new donor site.

Is this normal? what is common practace on creating a second donor area when the patent already has a linier scar?

NV

Nobelvictim

If scalp laxity allows it's best to remove the previous scar along with the donnor hair. If the follicle along the scar has not been distorted by the scar tissue as it heals(and it usually isn't) then transection rate is minimal. Again it's important to do scalp stretching exercise prior to surgery(see Jotronic's website)

Jerry...what are YOU doing here?...get back to work... D icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???

Hi Rugger

Your too funny, that was good!

Noble v.

You're right a needle does produce a tiny cresent shape slit that heal extremely well. This technique commonly call "stick and place" was developed by Dr. Limmer. The refinement with our lateral slits came about with the development of a cutter used to cut razorblades as small as .5 mm to create the recipient slits. The advantages blades have over needles are: better depth control, create more acute angles for temple hairlines. Since the doc pre cuts the sites the surgery goes a little faster.

With either method top clinics can produce excellant results.