Propecia less dosage?

hairdude83

Hi Guys,

Thinking about going on Finsteraide how eva u spell it lol..

I am thinking about taking half a tablet .5mg a day stead of 1mg. Will it still work. This will also reduce the side effects taking smaller dosage.

Waiting for a reply.

thankyou

Propecia .5mg

1/2 tablet of hairscript formula

That is how I started. The first week I took 1/2 a tablet a day. The second week I took 1/2 a tablet twice a day. I firgured due to the half life, 1/2 a pill every 12 hours will stay in your system longer. One or two days a week, I will only take a 1/2 pill a day to off-set costs..........The above is my own idea and NOT the directions of a doctor...fyi

My doc said if u are going to do it a half pill is better than 1 full every other day. I am too scared too . I dont want to lose my results

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I remember reading a study or something that .5 mg/day is about 80% as effective as 1 mg a day; so in summary it is almost as effective; a poster here, hairbank, takes 1 mg eod and has reported good results; I think he said he even had some minor growth at the hairline at that dose.

I do take 1 tab aday. For 8 years or so

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I just started almost two months ago so the results are pending. I still feel that taking

.5mg twice a day is the way to go. Also reducing to just .5 mg on Sat / Sun to off set costs. But never miss a day or you will interupt the "slow drip effect".

Remember that this is my system, and not the recommendation of a doctor...fyi

Originally posted by dhoose75:

I remember reading a study or something that .5 mg/day is about 80% as effective as 1 mg a day; so in summary it is almost as effective; a poster here, hairbank, takes 1 mg eod and has reported good results; I think he said he even had some minor growth at the hairline at that dose.

Yep, exactly right, dhoose! After my 2nd HT with Dr. Wong, I decided to start taking Finasteride just to stop the rescission of my hair down further on the sides and back, purely maintenance. Dr. Wong said to take it EOD because since it actively inhibit's DHT for a period of 72 hours..............so no need to really take it on a daily basis. And, yes, it has definitely worked for me as I for sure have minor regrowth in the hairline.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hairbank

Did u ever take it everyday? I would love to take it everyother but dont want to jepordize my progress.

Your thoughts? This would be a good experiment for the team ??

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

What is EOD? and finsertaide is the same drug as propecia but they only got different names for brand purpose? yeah?

Yes I am thinking about starting finilo which i bought in India, it was cheap.

Gona take half a tablet each day .5mg which gives you 80% results its pretty good so that means less side effects???

thanks for replying

Propecia .5mg

1/2 tablet of hairscript formula

eod = every other day; also proscar = 5mg of finastride; it is cheaper but you have to split the tablets into 1/4's; many poster do this; it is just as effective as propecia at 1/3 of the cost of propecia; I have never heard of finilo; I have heard of finpecia by Cipla in India; it has been talked about on the forums; I would recommend proscar and split it into 1/4's;