Vacation HT?

Lately I have been witnessing more and more posts from individuals getting HT's overseas. Currently you couldn't pay me enough to subject myself to someone in Southeast Asia for a surgery but maybe soon that will change??

As more and more Americans are losing their health insurance coverage while at the same time healthcare costs continue to climb, it is becoming more and of a trend to seek out help in southeast asia. There are several top notch facilities in India, China, Thailand, Malaysia and elsewhere that are now specializing in recruiting foreigners for surgery. The doctors are US trained and the technology is state of the art. Specialties such as orthopedics and cardiology are top notch. All the nursing staff are RN's and many of the hospitals are like 5 Star hotels. The costs of the surgeries are a fraction of what they are here in the US.

Is this a trend that will extend to cosmetic surgery such as HT's?? I'm sure that it is still years off but will likely be a reality in the next while. Imagine the most refined HT's for $1/graft. Hell you could fly with wife to Thailand and get 3000FU and vacation for 2 weeks for less than what we are currently paying.

I for one am against jobs and services going overseas, but it is a fact of life. It is happening whether we want it to or not. We all hate it until it benefits us. Just a matter of time though and it will be more of a topic on this forum.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Lately I have been witnessing more and more posts from individuals getting HT's overseas. Currently you couldn't pay me enough to subject myself to someone in Southeast Asia for a surgery but maybe soon that will change??

As more and more Americans are losing their health insurance coverage while at the same time healthcare costs continue to climb, it is becoming more and of a trend to seek out help in southeast asia. There are several top notch facilities in India, China, Thailand, Malaysia and elsewhere that are now specializing in recruiting foreigners for surgery. The doctors are US trained and the technology is state of the art. Specialties such as orthopedics and cardiology are top notch. All the nursing staff are RN's and many of the hospitals are like 5 Star hotels. The costs of the surgeries are a fraction of what they are here in the US.

Is this a trend that will extend to cosmetic surgery such as HT's?? I'm sure that it is still years off but will likely be a reality in the next while. Imagine the most refined HT's for $1/graft. Hell you could fly with wife to Thailand and get 3000FU and vacation for 2 weeks for less than what we are currently paying.

I for one am against jobs and services going overseas, but it is a fact of life. It is happening whether we want it to or not. We all hate it until it benefits us. Just a matter of time though and it will be more of a topic on this forum.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I hear you NN, it's not just the medical care that's going out of the country, manufacturing, TV and film production, just to name a few. Besides Asia I also hear about Costa Rica all the time, many Americans buy property there and also go there for health care, cosmetic surgery and HT work. I wonder if any members of HTN have heard of any HT Docs in Costa Rica?

• Administrators

We are all living in the global economy, whether we choose to be or not. While we are all familiar with imports, going overseas for medical services is a much more recent development.

For the first time in my experience a US patient posted a few days ago about going to China for a hair transplant. I may also be recommending Dr. Pathmonvich in Thialand on the Hair Transplant Network in the near future. Dr. Humayun Mohmand in Pakistan recently earned a spot as the recommended hair transplant surgeon in Pakistan on the Hair Transplant Network.

I expect to visit clinics this coming spring in Europe and perhaps also in Greece and Turkey. Some day I'd also like to find a top notch ethical clinic in India that I could recommend.

The World Wide Web is truly global in reach as is the Hair Transplant Network. I think the recommendations need improvement to reflect this reality.

It's an interesting topic and I'm open to posts and emails that will enlighten me on clinics with the "right stuff".

Best regards, Pat

P.S. HK500 - Costa Rica has garned a reputation for cosmetic surgeries. But unfortunately when I researched their hair transplant clinics they were old school small sessions of mini micros.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.