Female Transplant Questions

I'm a 46 yr old female, been using Rogaine consistently for 4-5 years. I would love to have a transplant and can actually afford to do so. My concern is that I have thinned all over my head. The top of my head and temples are very thin. There is not really any area where my hair is thick. Where would my donor hair come from without leaving big gaps?

Are there any women on the site that have had transplants and if so, can you share your experience/pics?

Thank you very much.

I'm a 46 yr old female, been using Rogaine consistently for 4-5 years. I would love to have a transplant and can actually afford to do so. My concern is that I have thinned all over my head. The top of my head and temples are very thin. There is not really any area where my hair is thick. Where would my donor hair come from without leaving big gaps?

Are there any women on the site that have had transplants and if so, can you share your experience/pics?

Thank you very much.

Minnetonka Mari,

Welcome to our disucssion forum.

Your "donor hair" is permanent hair on the sides and back of your head available for transplanting.

However, if you have thinning or miniaturizing in those areas, you really have no "safe zone", and thus would not be a candidate for transplanting.

It is critical that all female hair loss sufferers get diagnosed by a dermatologist, trichologist, or hair restoration physician to determine the cause of your hair loss BEFORE jumping in the surgical chair. A full scalp biopsy and medical evaluation should be performed.

You may just be lucky and be able to control or reverse your hair loss without surgery.

Best wishes,

Bill