Propecia - First Time User

Some of you might remember my previous thread about "Questions to ask in Consultation" The doctor recommend I use Propecia first before I even consider surgery. I think he's right, so I'll follow his advice.

The doctor gave me a free 1 week trial supply of Propecia. I have a V-Shape hairline.

I'm a little skeptical of this drug, so I did not order any additional pills yet. If I take these pills for the week, how soon will I notice any change on my head or side effects? Or is one week simply not enough?

I'm 24, about Norwood 2 or 3.

I want to hear your expertise before I give these pills a try. Thanks.

Can someone show me any good links about Propecia for a newbie?

Some of you might remember my previous thread about "Questions to ask in Consultation" The doctor recommend I use Propecia first before I even consider surgery. I think he's right, so I'll follow his advice.

The doctor gave me a free 1 week trial supply of Propecia. I have a V-Shape hairline.

I'm a little skeptical of this drug, so I did not order any additional pills yet. If I take these pills for the week, how soon will I notice any change on my head or side effects? Or is one week simply not enough?

I'm 24, about Norwood 2 or 3.

I want to hear your expertise before I give these pills a try. Thanks.

Can someone show me any good links about Propecia for a newbie?

I am also 24, similiar on the Norwood. I gotta say man a week of Propecia isn't worth your time. If your not ready to take it for at least a couple, realistically 6,7,8 months, don't bother. Thats what it takes man. You gotta think, even if the drug blocks the DHT which is killing your hair, the hair still has to go through the process of thickening, maybe falling out and growing in thicker and healthier. Point is, its a process, its not like a shampoo where you just try it out and see if it works. Hope this helps. My knowledge is more limited than most of your posters here, but I don't think anyone would disagree with the time frame I just gave you. The standard is a year. I was told at least 8 months, but a year is preferable I believe. Good luck.

Matt 6: 25-34

this is a little off topic I know, but how's San Francisco man. I just read your profile, saw where you live. Me and my girl are thinking about moving out there some time. We both have always wanted to move out west for at least a couple years. She said San Fran is her favorite city in the U.S. I was just wondering how the economy and job market is there. Thumbs up, thumbs down?

Matt 6: 25-34

JRod,

Thanks for your input. To be quite honest, I'm happy the way my head looks. I'm sure in the next few years, hair loss drugs will improve.

As far as moving to San Francisco is concern, this is one of the best places to live. Great diverse people, lots of different communites to visit, lots of great places to shop, and wonderful cool weather.

But when there's pros, there's cons.

The cons are:

1) Expensive housing.

2) Street parking is a bitch. This city is too congested.

3) Job Market in the Bay Area sucks. I graduated college (in Business) last year, and I still have not found a full-time job yet!! Stay away if you are an entry-level worker.

Hope this helps, good luck. Also check out this SF community website: http://www.craigslist.org/

Jrod:

If you can do it....I definitely recommend moving to SF. I agree that entry level jobs are tough right now, but if you can do it....I highly recommend it. I have lived here for year and a half, just purchased a loft in the SOMA area by Pac Bell, and I hope I never leave. I am 29, and I wish I would have moved here when I was younger. The city is one of the most unique places you will find in this world, and if you can experience it, I highly recommend it. If you and your girl end up thinking about moving out here more seriously, I would be happy to share my email address or cell phone number to give you some recommendations on living, etc. Thanks.