Hair Growth Consistent?

Bear with me because I am at the 3.5 month mark after my first HT and am feeling my way through in the dark. I had 2520 grafts in the front and had a little of my own hair there (not much). It seems like the transplanted hair is beginning to sprout but possibly at different times. What I mean by that is it seems like there is a little more hair up there but some are longer than others. I'm not sure if those are my own few hairs or that from the transplant. I do see a few that look like little whiskers but they don't seem to be moving much.

I thought possibly that all of the transplanted hairs would start growing at the same time. I am assuming that even though the hairs were all transplanted at the same time some sprout sooner than others? I hope so because it appears so far there is very little density there. I'm probably getting too anxious but I'd love to hear from someone about the process of how long it takes for all of the transplanted hair typically (I know it varies from individual to individual) to sprout. The odd thing is I have really fast growing hair but very little has changed in the past 3.5 months since the procedure. I'm sure this has been covered a million times but please humor me! Thanks

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

Dr. Epstein August 4, 2008

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

364 three and four hair grafts

4262 Total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro November 18, 2009

1896 grafts

760 one hair grafts

852 two hair grafts

288 three hair grafts

46 four hair grafts

3362 total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro July 1, 2011

1191 grafts

447 one hair grafts

580 two hair grafts

150 three hair grafts

14 four hair grafts

2113 total hair count

the way I have heard it described is that "not all of the hair will come in at the same time, but they will ALL eventually grow"...At 3.5 months I think this sounds perfectly normal. While different people experience growth (of transplanted hair) at different rates, you will not reach maturation until 12 months and full maturation up to possibly 18 months. Im sure your doc told you this right?

who was your doc? From my understanding, the rate of your natural hair growth has nothing to do with the rate of the transplanted hair coming in. Some poeple dont see any transplanted hairs growing for several months.

Dr. Epstein in Miami did my HT. He is supposed to be among the best and I don't dispute that. I don't recall him telling me it would take months for it to grow. I just remember the post op literature saying the hair would start growing in 2.5 to three months. I think at the four month mark in a couple of weeks I am going to take a photo and send it to him for evaluation. I'm probably just being too anxious. I haven't spoken to him since the surgery in July because I'm sure he gets guys emailing and calling him in a panic every five minutes and I don't want to be one of those people. I'll just bug you guys on the post! : )

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

Dr. Epstein August 4, 2008

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

364 three and four hair grafts