Finasteride / Propecia sides effects?

Jojo

Hi all, I'm taking about 1mg generic fin EOD and for a good while I've experienced sides like "I'm fully functional but the sensation has deadened" and "the final moment wasn't all that explosive either." "less morning erections, compared to before, I am not excited as much, less physical urge to have sex" Anyways I want to stay on the Fin but would like to get rid of those sides. Im thinking of stopping the Fin for a couple of weeks and maybe start back up again at 1mg of Fin M.W.F. or EOD. Will i loose much hair if i stop taking Fin for 2 weeks or so? thanks

Hi all, I'm taking about 1mg generic fin EOD and for a good while I've experienced sides like "I'm fully functional but the sensation has deadened" and "the final moment wasn't all that explosive either." "less morning erections, compared to before, I am not excited as much, less physical urge to have sex" Anyways I want to stay on the Fin but would like to get rid of those sides. Im thinking of stopping the Fin for a couple of weeks and maybe start back up again at 1mg of Fin M.W.F. or EOD. Will i loose much hair if i stop taking Fin for 2 weeks or so? thanks

I'm no expert but I think when someone first starts taking fin it takes 6-8 weeks for the effectiveness to build up. From this I assume that there is a cumulative effect and each tablet has an ongoing effect. Missing them for a couple of weeks therefore could make the whole treatment slightly less effective for a couple of months or so. However, I don't think stopping for 2 weeks would wipe out all the intended effects. Again I'm no expert but some people have suggested that some in some cases unwanted side effects can dissappear after a while as your body finds a new chemical balance.

Hi Jojo, What has been your experience once it was stopped? How long did it take for the side effects to subside/go away?

I too am experiencing - "I'm fully functional but the sensation has deadened" and "the final moment wasn't all that explosive either." "less morning erections, compared to before, I am not excited as much, less physical urge to have sex" - kind of issues.

I've been on Fin for prob nearly 2 yrs i started gettin libido sides after a year obviously i was disappointed. However I stayed on fin and then developed brain fog, tiredness and not feeling too well so i cut back Fin to EOD and that got rid of some of the sides - the brain fog, lazyness, not feeling to well etc, but i still have the libido related sides that I mentioned above. I made my mind up and i'd rather have hair and a weak libido then no hair and a healthy libido. But i do wonder about the safety of taking fin and will my healthy libido return if i quit the fin or on the advent of new hair loss drugs etc. Hopefully something will replace it soon. Or I might try topicals before that happens. I had a ht at the front of my head quite recently so i need to think of a decent strategy. I'm also taking anti-depressants but i really don't think there to blame but i'm cutting them down and will try quit to see if that helps. Anyways i think i'll continue stayin off the fin for 2 weeks and then start up 1mg/o.5mg every MWF see hows thats gos. Probably you either get the libido sides or you dont, theres no getting rid of them while staying on fin...