overwhelmed

chris'_girl

hello all,

i know this discussion board is all guys, but this is on a guy's behalf.

My fiance has always had great, thick hair and it has recently started to thin. He's extremely busy, so here I am. But once I started looking, I was completely overwhelmed by all the information there is out here. (btw, thank you so much for an honest place to get information!)

I've looked through so many posts and tried to pull out the information that would fit our situation, but I need a little help.

He's 25 yrs old and has thinning just above his forehead. Does anyone have an opinion of what will work the best for this?

thanks guys!

hello all,

i know this discussion board is all guys, but this is on a guy's behalf.

My fiance has always had great, thick hair and it has recently started to thin. He's extremely busy, so here I am. But once I started looking, I was completely overwhelmed by all the information there is out here. (btw, thank you so much for an honest place to get information!)

I've looked through so many posts and tried to pull out the information that would fit our situation, but I need a little help.

He's 25 yrs old and has thinning just above his forehead. Does anyone have an opinion of what will work the best for this?

thanks guys!

Hi

what a nice girl.. I would get him to a doc to explore medical options to stabilize his hairloss ( i.e Propecia and ask about minoxidil). Those in addition to a good shampoo will help him maximize what he has and keep it

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

CG,

watch out for Mrjb apparently he has a very seductive head of hair. This is a fantastic site to begin your research. Did he just start thinning? Is it only in the front? Does he know your on here? How do I get my girlfriend to let me reffer to her as my property?

Mrb,

I can just see you dangling candy in fron of your giant head of hair..."here little girl..."

thanks guys.

we'll definately talk to a doctor before deciding on anything. It seems like Propecia is high on a lot of recommend lists on this site. The only thing that makes me nervous is that I've heard that it is bad to have around pregnant women. It's not an issue for us yet, but it will be in a couple years. Guess that's an issue to talk to the doc about.

It seems like most of the stuff out there is a try and see kind of thing. I just know he is worried about what his hair will look like for our wedding next Aug. It feels like not that mich time.

And yes, his hair has just started thinning (coinciding with increased stress at work), it is only in the front, and I have know idea how to get your girlfriend to let you refer to her as your property. icon_smile.gif

Chris'_Girl,

Welcome to our community.

Though the majority of this community is filled with an overdose of testosterone (and DHT for that matter icon_smile.gif), we certainly welcome females to our community. We do indeed have some female members as well.

Thanks for looking out for your fiances best interest.

Our members have already given you some great advice.

For more information, I recommend reading Hair Loss Treatments: What works and what doesn't.

Best wishes,

Bill

Chris'_girl,

I havent tried propecia. Some claim excellent results, others (while rare) say they have experienced sides though. In the worst case scenario Chris might not be able to get you pregnant, because his wee-wee will go limp and he will lose interest in having sex with you. This is supposed to be EXTREMELY rare, but I want you to be fully aware of all of Chris's risks while taking propecia; thats just the kind of guy I am.

Regarding my girlfriend: does it help if I leave my mark on her somehow?

Hey, look on the bright side; if he gets side effects, having propecia around pregnant women will never become an issue. There's always a silver lining.

(From personal experience: I got no sides. 98% of folks don't. Hell, my sex drive increased. I won't go into the sordid details.)

Seriously though: propecia is probably the way to go if you and/or he are concerned. Should you become pregnant, as long as you don't crush the pills with your hands you will be fine. The reason it's not recommended around pregnant women is that it blocks DHT, which is a type of testosterone and may affect the development of an unborn child.

However, as long as the woman does not handle the pills themselves the child will be okay. In other words, the man can pop propecia like M&Ms, contact with HIM is safe as long as you leave the pills alone.

And for better or for worse, propecia is currently the best thing that can be done when a man is in the beginning stages of hair loss. A trabnsplant can be an option later, but for now his choices are a) ignore it and hope it stops, b) take propecia. Hair loss is extremely unpredictable; it may just stop on its own.

If you'd like the boring lowdown on what causes hair loss and what makes it stop, just PM me or keep reading the forums icon_smile.gif