Cold Saline Solution

we all know that careful graft extraction along with the graft's dissection/preparation and its counterparts: transection, dehydration, and crushing of follicles play key role in graft survival. let's not forget patient's immunology and physiology as one of the reasons as well. also worth mentioning is that grafts placed on surgeon's gloves for some period of time are subjected to the harmful drying influences (quicker the better). but what about importance in preparing saline solution? i read somewhere that saline solution is supposed to be cold. now my question is:

do all doctors keep that solution at the exact same temperature (up to the decimal point)?

do all doctors use exactly the same solution mixture?

is there a saline solution that could be mixed with some 'secret' ingredient that only few top clinics know about and won't share this with their peers?

if these things differ from clinic to clinic, could that be the reason why some clinics graft survival rate and consistency is greater than the others and therefore final results are there to back it up?

it's just something that I've been thinking lately so feel free to share some input.

we all know that careful graft extraction along with the graft's dissection/preparation and its counterparts: transection, dehydration, and crushing of follicles play key role in graft survival. let's not forget patient's immunology and physiology as one of the reasons as well. also worth mentioning is that grafts placed on surgeon's gloves for some period of time are subjected to the harmful drying influences (quicker the better). but what about importance in preparing saline solution? i read somewhere that saline solution is supposed to be cold. now my question is:

do all doctors keep that solution at the exact same temperature (up to the decimal point)?

do all doctors use exactly the same solution mixture?

is there a saline solution that could be mixed with some 'secret' ingredient that only few top clinics know about and won't share this with their peers?

if these things differ from clinic to clinic, could that be the reason why some clinics graft survival rate and consistency is greater than the others and therefore final results are there to back it up?

it's just something that I've been thinking lately so feel free to share some input.

Mr. GQ,

These are very good questions, but I wouldn't count on the doctors replying to the "secret" ingredient one....this might be considered proprietary.

Interestingly, where did you read the piece on transection, dehydration and crushing. Perhaps you can refer us to the url or place the definitions in this thread.

take care...

mmhce,

there is ton of info regarding transection etc... on these forums you just have to search for it.

also i believe Dr. Feller or some other doc wrote the whole thesis/theory about it a while ago when FUE issues were being discussed.