How long does it take to heal?

• Administrators

Note - This message was recopied by Pat the editor from the original discussion group to this vastly improved online community.

The name of orginal poster and the date posted are listed below:

Date: 6/11/01

Time: 9:48:17 PM

Remote Name: 207.224.147.215

Comments

Does anyone have any comments on how it took for their grafts to heal? How long before the scabs fall off, and how long is it noticeable? Is a week off from work long enough so you don't have to answer a lot of dumb questions when you return to work?

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

Note - This message was recopied by Pat the editor from the original discussion group to this vastly improved online community.

The name of orginal poster and the date posted are listed below:

Date: 6/11/01

Time: 9:48:17 PM

Remote Name: 207.224.147.215

Comments

Does anyone have any comments on how it took for their grafts to heal? How long before the scabs fall off, and how long is it noticeable? Is a week off from work long enough so you don't have to answer a lot of dumb questions when you return to work?

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

• Administrators

Date: 6/12/01

Time: 11:57:58 AM

Remote Name: 4.40.228.3

Comments

It takes about 6 to 10 days for all the scabs to fall off. If you take a week off work that will be enough time. Like the other person said who cares what other people think. Also my scabs were off in 5 days because I swam in the ocean every day. Salt water makes the scabs fall off quicker and is a great healing agent. If you can't get to the ocean soak it a couple times a day in water. Good luck.

My Hair Loss Blog

• Administrators

Date: 6/12/01

Time: 5:43:00 AM

Remote Name: 205.188.195.43

Comments

I just had my first transplant and the scabing was not bad at all; however, I took the advice I read on another web site, Martin E. Tessler, M.D.- The Techniques, and he suggested soaking your head twice a day. I did that and it worked. My scabbing was really very minimal. I also sprayed twice daily with a solution of hydrogen peroxide and water(half and half). This kept it clean. My doctor told me to do this. Everything was find after about 8 days, at ten days I threw my had away. I really could of done it earlier. People really don't care. The only really bad part is the first 3 or 4 days then all starts to heal. Don't worry just do it and it will be over very fast. Do it for you and don't care what other people think, they want remember later and they will probably respect you more for seeking self improvement for youself! icon_smile.gif

My Hair Loss Blog

• Administrators

Re: Healing

Date: 6/13/01

Time: 1:39:06 PM

Remote Name: 204.17.16.253

Comments

Another effective way of speeding up the healing process is to use a mixture of water and epsom salt. Pour a spray bottle almost competely full and put about 2 tablespoons of epsom salt and shake. Spray this on your head 3 times a day about a 1/2 before you bathe or get your hair wet. I've done this after both my FU procedures and all scabs were gone within 7 days.

My Hair Loss Blog