How does Minoxidil work on thinning hair?

I still have good coverage on my hairline, not great but good. It is basically in a v formation, and the hairs within the v formation are kind of thinning. My question is this, IF minoxidil would work to its full strength how would it grow those thinning hairs to its original thickness? I mean, I have read that hairs thin and then they fall out from rogaine, then they start growing new ones, but I cant imagine the hundreds or thousands of hairs on my hairline to fall out, then grow again. If minoxidil does work after a while do those hairs just keep growing but get thicker from the base. Help?

I still have good coverage on my hairline, not great but good. It is basically in a v formation, and the hairs within the v formation are kind of thinning. My question is this, IF minoxidil would work to its full strength how would it grow those thinning hairs to its original thickness? I mean, I have read that hairs thin and then they fall out from rogaine, then they start growing new ones, but I cant imagine the hundreds or thousands of hairs on my hairline to fall out, then grow again. If minoxidil does work after a while do those hairs just keep growing but get thicker from the base. Help?

Bleach,

Minoxidil works best when applied to areas of thinning hair rather than completely bald areas. Miniaturizing hairs may still be revivable and as Rogaine stimulates the hair follicle (the base), it may help reverse the hair loss process. In order to understand this, you have to understand the natural hair growth cycle and how hair loss impacts it. Even healthy hair goes through cycles of growth, shedding, and rest. When DHT (the hormone responsible for male pattern baldness) binds to the receptors of susceptible hairs, the follicle weakens and slowly starts to die. As a result, the resting phase increases while the growth phase decreases. Hair becomes thinner and shorter until the follicle is too damaged to reproduce a hair.

Rogaine induced hair shedding is not a guarantee and doesn't always happen to every hair its applied to. If Rogaine is working, these hairs will grow back stronger and fuller and the hair follicle is repaired from damaged caused by DHT.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Bill

I see, so Bill, the hairs that are thinning that dont fall out, if rogaine works, you will start to see it strengthen in 6-8 months or so, the hair doesnt have to fall out for rogaine to work tho right? I mean, if you kept growing and growing out your hair youd eventually start to see the follicle or base look healthy and full like it once was IF the rogaine was working?

Sorry if i sounded like i repeated myself