8 months (expectations)

dhuge67

Hey everyone,

It's been 8 months now since I had my surgery and it really does seem like that time went by fast. The first 3 months were slow, but the past 5 just zoomed by. In just 4 more months, I'll again be "eligible" for another session, but I'm still not sure how it's all going to play out.

First of all, I'd like to apologize for doubting the posters of this forum. Their words of caution were wise and my aggressive plan-of-action was not exactly a brilliant move. I didn't end up getting butchered but the surgery hasn't met my expectations. So, I'm sorry for the 'tude and I have learned my lesson...the hard way.

In the next year, I'm going to check out Dr. Feller's practice and I'll probably go forth with a procedure sometime in February or as late as June of next year. Things will have to play out and I'm not sure how I'm going to handle things financially.

I'm shooting for a 2,000 to 3,000 graft session which I think should restore a dense and natural look to my hairline, back through the mid-scalp region. I'm excited to get that done so I won't continue to be self conscious about my hairline. It'd be nice if it were all finished, up front, now...but you don't always hit homeruns.

Thanks for all the support and I guess I still do have some more time to see improvement with this transplant, huh?

Chris

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hey everyone,

It's been 8 months now since I had my surgery and it really does seem like that time went by fast. The first 3 months were slow, but the past 5 just zoomed by. In just 4 more months, I'll again be "eligible" for another session, but I'm still not sure how it's all going to play out.

First of all, I'd like to apologize for doubting the posters of this forum. Their words of caution were wise and my aggressive plan-of-action was not exactly a brilliant move. I didn't end up getting butchered but the surgery hasn't met my expectations. So, I'm sorry for the 'tude and I have learned my lesson...the hard way.

In the next year, I'm going to check out Dr. Feller's practice and I'll probably go forth with a procedure sometime in February or as late as June of next year. Things will have to play out and I'm not sure how I'm going to handle things financially.

I'm shooting for a 2,000 to 3,000 graft session which I think should restore a dense and natural look to my hairline, back through the mid-scalp region. I'm excited to get that done so I won't continue to be self conscious about my hairline. It'd be nice if it were all finished, up front, now...but you don't always hit homeruns.

Thanks for all the support and I guess I still do have some more time to see improvement with this transplant, huh?

Chris

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

Could you refresh my memory? What was your "agressive plan of action"? Do you mean getting 1600+ grafts? Because that in itself, by today's standards isn't a meag-session, or anything? Did you go for a low hairline, or total coverage? I hope I'm not coming across as harsh. I'm a little too lazy to do a search, and am trying to remember the particulars of your surgery. Are you happy with the results so far?

Good luck Chris,

I think that's an excellent plan. Let us know how that goes.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Hi dhuge,

You have been a very active poster here and because of this I think your story is one of the most well known here! Personally I think we have seen you mature over the past year.

I think it is fair to say that you were young and brash pre HT and discarded some good advice. Although your attitude seems typical for a young hairloss sufferer who wants nothing more to rush into a chair and restore their original appearance.

Your detailed experience should help other young pateints to take their time and do their research before rushing into a HT.

Truthfully your results were not bad and you should be finally satisfied with a 2-3k session from Dr Feller. You will still have a few k left in the bank so if you stay on Finasteride your hair future looks bright!

Good luck!

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck dhuge, I think you'll be ok. In a year or so when you've brushed hair loss aside and are out enjoying yourself a lot of us will miss the saga that your experience has been.

It's been a soap opera. I'm looking forward to the Tele-series.