Grafting in Scar Tissue

uncjim

I want to give the community a quick update as I'm kind of flying right now. For those of you that don't know my situation (and care to) you can do a search on "Plugged Donor Area".

I'm now 4 months post op and have been avoiding looking in the mirror as (most of you can understand) it can drive me a little nuts. My daughter who at times in the past has cut my hair (therefore knows the situation) gave the area a good look this morning and gave it a two thumbs up. All of the circular scars in the nape of my neck have hair growing out of them..ALL OF THEM. At this point the hair is fine and light, but it's there. I'm anticipating being able to cut the hair above the nape (I've been keeping it long as a cover) within the next couple of months. This is my hope anyway. That's it..Thanks for listening.

UNC

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog

I want to give the community a quick update as I'm kind of flying right now. For those of you that don't know my situation (and care to) you can do a search on "Plugged Donor Area".

I'm now 4 months post op and have been avoiding looking in the mirror as (most of you can understand) it can drive me a little nuts. My daughter who at times in the past has cut my hair (therefore knows the situation) gave the area a good look this morning and gave it a two thumbs up. All of the circular scars in the nape of my neck have hair growing out of them..ALL OF THEM. At this point the hair is fine and light, but it's there. I'm anticipating being able to cut the hair above the nape (I've been keeping it long as a cover) within the next couple of months. This is my hope anyway. That's it..Thanks for listening.

UNC

uncjim,

Thanks for the update buddy. Avoiding those mirrors is very difficult, but is certainly good for our overall emotional health the first few months after surgery! But it sounds like you are progressing well.

I hope you continually update your blog with new journal entries of your experience with pictures too so people can more readily follow your progress!

Keep us posted!

Bill

Bill,

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with mirror issues! Absolutely, I'll be updating my blog. I'm more of a before and after kind of person, so it will be a while. At this point, there isn't much to view anyway. Thanks again for the opportunity.

UNC