Speed up your post op healing dramatically

• Administrators

As some of you know, I regularly visit leading clinics to observe the quality of their surgery and meet with their patients. Those visits that are positive are featured on this forum at Visits to Leading Hair Transplant Clinics. During these visits I always learn some new pearl of wisdom.

Recently while visiting Dr. Shelly Friedman's clinic in Scottsdale ( view highlights here ), he shared his post op regimen with me. He claims that when his patient's apply Polysporin Ointment on their recipient area four times a day for four days they get virtually no scabbing or redness five days after surgery.

In his opinion as a long time dermatologist, patients who follow this regimen have recipient areas at five days that are as clean as what would normally take ten days.

A tube of Polysporin Ointment can be purchased over the counter for next to nothing. I suggest that all patients no matter who their surgeon, discuss this possible post op treatment regimen with their physician.

Best wishes to every one for rapid healing and outstanding growth.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

As some of you know, I regularly visit leading clinics to observe the quality of their surgery and meet with their patients. Those visits that are positive are featured on this forum at Visits to Leading Hair Transplant Clinics. During these visits I always learn some new pearl of wisdom.

Recently while visiting Dr. Shelly Friedman's clinic in Scottsdale ( view highlights here ), he shared his post op regimen with me. He claims that when his patient's apply Polysporin Ointment on their recipient area four times a day for four days they get virtually no scabbing or redness five days after surgery.

In his opinion as a long time dermatologist, patients who follow this regimen have recipient areas at five days that are as clean as what would normally take ten days.

A tube of Polysporin Ointment can be purchased over the counter for next to nothing. I suggest that all patients no matter who their surgeon, discuss this possible post op treatment regimen with their physician.

Best wishes to every one for rapid healing and outstanding growth.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Thats funny cause sitting right here I have a 1/2 oz tube of polysporin that I used after the graftcyte . I didnt notice a difference from other surgeries except for a greasy head . It might have helped but nothing dramatic. It wont hurt to try. I believe small blades are the key to quick healing no matter what you put on your head

Great Pat

To be clear do they apply five days post ?? I just ask as we generally say 8-10 days before doing anything other than shampoo.. Any mention of applying on the donor area as well?

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Pat,

Interesting information.

I've always been a skeptic with fast acting healing aids - do they work or don't they? Many patients experience quick healing due to their individual physiological characteristics while yet others retain a red recipient area for months afterwards.

At the very least, these "wet" healing agents won't harm anything and might help, but I find that the best healer is time whether "wet" or "dry".

Best wishes,

Bill

Historically neosporin speeds healing so I am not surprised

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!