hair shedding or hairloss???

troy

I have noticed sometimes when my hair falls out it has a tiny white part on the end and sometimes it doesnt. I was guessing maybe if it doesnt have a white part on the end it just broke off. can anyone shed any light on this?

Can anyone shed any light on this topic? Also does anyone know how long can shedding last once your on propecia? I have been on propecia for 7-8 months and almost 6 months post op but have been shedding latley. Could shockloss set in late? I cant really notice my hair thinner, but have noticed a lot of shedding. And I am really curious about when hair does shed and has that white tip on the end and is thinner is that hair that has permanetly fallen out, or does that not mean anything? I would sure appreciate any feed back on this, thanks

I'm going to take a guess and say it's just some shedding.

First of all, you're going to naturally lose up to 100 hairs per day. The longer your hair gets, the more it looks like you're losing because of the length of each individual hair. For example, I've been growing my hair for about eight months and most of the hair on my head is probably around three to four inches long or more. When I take a shower and lose, say, 25 of the longer hairs, that's probably close to 75 inches or more of hair if you put it end-to-end! If you see that in the drain, it can freak you out!

As for the white ends, I don't believe that you're losing the actual follicle. It's probably the end of the hair that grows within/surrounds the follicle. So, I would say that the hairs without the white ends probably broke off while the hairs with white ends are hairs that have been shed and pushed out by a new hair. Also, it doesn't sound right to have shock loss six months post-op. This usually happens between one or two months post-op.

Folks, these are just my guesses. Feel free to make any corrections.