DUTASTERIDE - (Avodart) dosage? Need help!

28/M

I tried propecia for 9 months and it didn't work. Now i want to try avodart. Has anyone tried it before? what dosage did they take? I'm buying my overseas. I'm also wondering if my sexual side effects are from propecia as since taking it I can't get as hard as I once did.

Please help me out!!!!

My degree of boldness is just the top and its almost gone!

• 2 weeks later...

It is possible that you might have to give it a little more time to realize the true potential of propecia. Avodart however has been shown to be more effective at regrowing hair so you could give it a try. Dosage will range from .5-2.5 mg. Remember that as the dosage increases so do the chances of side effects.

Depending on your age and other factors going on in your life (stress, etc.) it is likely that the decreased erections are due to the propecia. You might want to limit the dosage or limit it with Avodart. Possibly try taking it every other day. However as you stated, propecia didn't seem to work taking as prescribed so taking it every other day will lesson odds of it working at all.

Are you expecting it to grow hair? The only realistic thing to expect is for it to stop or limit hairloss. That in itself is invaluable though. Good luck.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I was on propecia for 9 months but never experienced any changes in losing my hair. Is that normal? Altought at about the 4 month mark I noticed for a good two weeks I didn't loss any hair after that I kept losing hair.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...