PROPECIA, START USING AFTER HAIRTRANSPLANT?

Charlestr

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHEN SHOULD I USE PROPECIA? I'M STILL DEBATING WETHER TO USE IT AFTER MY HAIR TRANSPLANT(LIKE RIGHT AWAY)? OR USE PROPECIA AFTER 4 MONTHS(AFTER ALL MY HAIRS GROWS OUT) ANY ADVICE WILL HELP!!!

WILL IT MY HAIR TRANSPLANT GRAFTS GOOD WITH IT?

OR WILL IT BECOMES DEPENDENT ON PROPECIA??

ANY ADVICE WILL HELP!

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHEN SHOULD I USE PROPECIA? I'M STILL DEBATING WETHER TO USE IT AFTER MY HAIR TRANSPLANT(LIKE RIGHT AWAY)? OR USE PROPECIA AFTER 4 MONTHS(AFTER ALL MY HAIRS GROWS OUT) ANY ADVICE WILL HELP!!!

WILL IT MY HAIR TRANSPLANT GRAFTS GOOD WITH IT?

OR WILL IT BECOMES DEPENDENT ON PROPECIA??

ANY ADVICE WILL HELP!

Charles-

I know I replied to you via PM but would encourage you to start Fin after the HT..........no downside to it whatsoever as far as timing goes.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Finasteride is the drug.......brand names are Propecia (1mg) which is for hair loss, or Proscar (5mg) which is prescribed to treat an enlarged prostate. Both are the same.

Your best bet is to by generic Proscar then cut it into 4ths with a pill cutter. I do this and recently paid $69 at Walmart for 30 pills. If you take it every day that will last you 4 months.

You need a script for it and I wouldn't recommend buying meds over the internet.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 4 months later...

There are 1 mg Finasteride available in India..if you can get them from there...but again, they are not over the counter...

They cost around a dollor for 10. The medicines are manufactured by Cipla, so is not a generic brand I beleive.

I am sure there are other manufactures with simlar costs.

I also googled just now and saw

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finasteride

Also, read this there...

Some users, in an effort to save money, buy Proscar instead of Propecia, and split the Proscar pills to approximate the Propecia dosage. Doing so is generally considered unadvisable if women of pregnancy age are in the household; this is because finasteride, even in small concentrations, can cause birth defects in a developing male fetus.

Benefits of using Propecia or Finasteride post op are:

Limit shockloss

Stabilize hairloss

Speed up growth

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Charlestr, I think you couldn't get on Propecia fast enough. I've read a couple places, and the clinic I used for my HT wanted me on it months before I even went in for the procedure. I took it up and through the HT and won't stop.