to dr feller and other doctors.(does propecia & minoxidil 5% lose effectiveness??)

lauz

hi doctor,

i am a 33 year old male.i started to lose my hair at 21 years old.the lose was only in the crown,so in 1994 at the age of 25 i got a transplant of 300 minigrafts in the crown.has you may imagine,the density and coverage is very poor and there is a lot of pluginess.4 1/2 years ago at age 29,i got on the combo of propecia and minoxidil 5% to add density to my thinning crown and to my temples who where beginning to thin.the initial results where amasing.the crown and temples filled almost to there original density.these results lated 3 years.now for the last 1 1/2 i have been thinning everywhere on top from hairline to crown.my crown and temples are worst then before treatment.why??i read everywhere doctors stating that propecia will stop the progression of mpb and maintain your haircount.what happened in my case and to several other propecia user wholived the same thing as me??today i am planning a hair transplant,but i dont know where to start.i have thinning everywhere on top.i would like to have average density everywhere.i have to do something soon,because the last year and a half have been hell for me.i want to fix my problem ounce and for all.

lauz

hi doctor,

i am a 33 year old male.i started to lose my hair at 21 years old.the lose was only in the crown,so in 1994 at the age of 25 i got a transplant of 300 minigrafts in the crown.has you may imagine,the density and coverage is very poor and there is a lot of pluginess.4 1/2 years ago at age 29,i got on the combo of propecia and minoxidil 5% to add density to my thinning crown and to my temples who where beginning to thin.the initial results where amasing.the crown and temples filled almost to there original density.these results lated 3 years.now for the last 1 1/2 i have been thinning everywhere on top from hairline to crown.my crown and temples are worst then before treatment.why??i read everywhere doctors stating that propecia will stop the progression of mpb and maintain your haircount.what happened in my case and to several other propecia user wholived the same thing as me??today i am planning a hair transplant,but i dont know where to start.i have thinning everywhere on top.i would like to have average density everywhere.i have to do something soon,because the last year and a half have been hell for me.i want to fix my problem ounce and for all.

lauz

Sorry to read about your plight Lauz. Looks like drug therapy worked well for you, at least for a while.

Remember, Propecia is a treatment, not a cure.

As far as what to do. If you are thin enough, then you may be ready for transplants. I would recommend that you focus in the front third of your scalp. An area no bigger than the palm of your hand. Fill that area, let it grow, and then decide if and when to do more going back.

Good luck,

Dr Feller