I've read on here that some guys go ahead and get their repair work done before getting a full hair transplant.

For example, you might see if Farjo can take out your plugs and recycle them into FU's and replacing them in your head.

Tell him you'll do the strip later when finances allow. You'll still be thinning, but at least your old plugs won't be visible. At 42, I would have rather been bald than having a noticeable job.

Anyone have experience with doing it this way? Seems like it could be done in an hour one afternoon for $500 or so. Shoot, one tech could cut up 500 'mini-grafts' in about 30 minutes. And, the discomfort level would be real low as taking the strip is the worst part.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Hello

Dewayne, That does sound like a good plan. I would rather be bald than in my current situation.

I have now got some photos that maybe people can comment on, please. It was a nightmare trying to take a picture that really shows how bad it looks. In all my photos I took my hair looks very thin but sort of ok. I tried to camera on a close setting.

The picture does not show the lumps and bumps that the plugs caused when I had them done, the only way I can describe them is like the surface of the moon, sort of craters and risen bits.

Do you think I have enough hair to hide these if I had what you suggested.

Thank you

i cant comment about the surface of scalp as i cant see it in the pic.

it doesnt look as bad as i thought it was going to but obviously you need to have something done.

i would have thought most dr,s would bring down the hairline slightly and "fill in" amoungst your exsisting work to add density, but dont take my word for it.you may indeed be able to redistribute your exsisting grafts as dewayne suggested.

dr farjo is capable of this as you can see in the examples i put up earlier.i suggest your next step is to actually go and talk to some dr,s for some pro advice.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Hello

balody, thank you for your comments. I am sorry about the quality of photos. I have tried with the flash on an then off, on different settings. I tried some outside but still my hair looks better than it is or maybe I think it is worse.

It may sound strange but your comment about it being not as bad as you had thought it would be has cheered me up. But also I do know something must be done.

I have been doing some calculations and looking at lots of pictures. I think it I would need 2000 grafts minimum to make a change to my hairline, maybe more. This would be about ??6000 plus ? Not impossible for me to achieve but some serious savings and extra hours. But all worth it.

If I wanted to see a good Doctor it would have to be in England as going to another country would not be possible for me just for advice.

Thank you again

Hairnutter,

I've taken a look at your pics and Balody is right. I had a picture in my head of something far worse. In my opinion "from the pics" it looks like you only need additional work to fill in the voids so to speak. Im in a similar situation and have been told thats it's very easily fixed. I think if you let the hair grow out a little more than toppik can do a great job until you're ready to get the procedure.

Thanks for the pics. I also think some of your problem is in your head along with on your head.

It's not as desperate as you sounded.

I know what the lumps, etc. feel like. My doctor drained all the fluid from some of the knots and it's 100% better. My scar was also raised from my 1991 procedure, and he made that better.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Hello

Dakota3 and Dewayne.

Thank you for your replies. I must admit I am feeling much better having read your comments. Yes I agree that some of my problem is in my head. I have read about a thing called self image and I know a woman who is very paranoid about her legs, she never goes out with them uncovered, but to me they are very nice :-) But it is how she seems them that effects her life.

I think I need to have a bit more confidence in myself. When I wrote on this forum about everyone staring at my hairline deep down I did know that not everyone does. But just one person doing it can turn a nice day into a bad one where all I want to do is run for cover.

I have worked out a plan which I think will be good for me. I am going to start saving like crazy, already have extended my working hours. I will have a go with dakota3 advice and grow my hair and try topik. I should be able to save about ??5000 in about 8 months if I am very careful.

I have searched for Topik and also found another thing called Nanogen. Can anyone recommend which could be better and also the best place to buy it from.

Thank you everyone.

Hairnutter,

Do a search on yahoo or google. Just type in the name of the product you are looking for. I've read 1 review on nanogen and it was positive. I have personal experience with toppik and it worked wonders for me. The trick w/ toppik is not to apply to much and brush as you're applying. I never had 1 person look agt me funny when i applied it. Hope this helps!