My 2nd Hair Transplant Experience with Charles Medical Group, Boca Raton Florida

double

I'm 9 days post-op of my 2nd procedure with Charles Medical Group in Boca Raton Florida. I had my 1st procedure in October of 2006, following a break-up of a long-term relationship and it was something I'd considered for a very long time. You can see that other post - the day of the procedure was all first-rate and I received 2020 grafts; I don't recall the actual hair count. I did experience severe shockloss in the 2 to 3 months following and it was very challenging. I found Dr. Charles to be thoroughly knowledgeable as well as compassionate. He explained that I that my (then) 41 year-old scalp had dying hairs that were barely holding on and hadn't been growing. Though the trauma of the procedure brought them out quickly, hey'd have come out slowly over the course of the following 6 to 12 months, and also that the transplanted hairs would all re-grow. As-stated, I was despondent over this but trusted and believed him, and everything turned out as he said. At 10 months - I looked and felt alot better and had a definite net gain compared with what I looked like prior to the procedure. And again - alot of the hairs that did fall out in a short time, would have come out by then anyway and I'd have looked notably worse, compared with how I looked before the procedure.

Ok! So turn the page about 15 months later! I'm in a GREAT relationship and very happy. I like the way I look, but always had in the back of my mind about having it done again. My gf said it absolutely wasn't necessary but that I should do what makes me happy, and I went back to see Dr. Charles again. He was very congenial and was also candid. He did say that I could have the procedure performed again, but that realistically this would be the last time to really do it until such time that I experienced notable hair loss. I was very impressed with this candor - he could have easily said that I'd be in for several more procedures. I had this second procedure and once again - the day went first-rate and I was treated like a king. The staff is larger now (not that it was small before) but this helped toward a quicker overall procedure. I was treated first-class and very impressed throughout. I believe the number was something over 1800 grafts, and this next part was especially endearing to me: After transplanting and covering all the area that was to be addressed - they found they had 300+ EXTRA grafts left! Now again - I didn't know what was going on back there, and I guess they could have just thrown them away and never even told me. OR, I guess someone could have come in to see me, and then offered me some type of 'deal' to then 'sell' me those additional grafts. I mean - who wouldn't pay more when in that vulnerable position? But no - it was explained that more was harvested than needed, and that Dr. Charles would like to graft those as-well. He came back in to do what it is that he does and this time did it on my scalp area which wasn't on the 'to-do' list, and his technicians then transplanted in hairs there. This added time/cost to the procedure, and not only was I not charged anything for it - finances were not even discussed. I don't know if I'm supposed to be telling this last part but I am. So thanks!

Thank-you very much Dr. Charles, as well as Charles Medical Group. I look forward to my final results as well as recommending you to others (as I have already).

~Howard

I'm 9 days post-op of my 2nd procedure with Charles Medical Group in Boca Raton Florida. I had my 1st procedure in October of 2006, following a break-up of a long-term relationship and it was something I'd considered for a very long time. You can see that other post - the day of the procedure was all first-rate and I received 2020 grafts; I don't recall the actual hair count. I did experience severe shockloss in the 2 to 3 months following and it was very challenging. I found Dr. Charles to be thoroughly knowledgeable as well as compassionate. He explained that I that my (then) 41 year-old scalp had dying hairs that were barely holding on and hadn't been growing. Though the trauma of the procedure brought them out quickly, hey'd have come out slowly over the course of the following 6 to 12 months, and also that the transplanted hairs would all re-grow. As-stated, I was despondent over this but trusted and believed him, and everything turned out as he said. At 10 months - I looked and felt alot better and had a definite net gain compared with what I looked like prior to the procedure. And again - alot of the hairs that did fall out in a short time, would have come out by then anyway and I'd have looked notably worse, compared with how I looked before the procedure.

Ok! So turn the page about 15 months later! I'm in a GREAT relationship and very happy. I like the way I look, but always had in the back of my mind about having it done again. My gf said it absolutely wasn't necessary but that I should do what makes me happy, and I went back to see Dr. Charles again. He was very congenial and was also candid. He did say that I could have the procedure performed again, but that realistically this would be the last time to really do it until such time that I experienced notable hair loss. I was very impressed with this candor - he could have easily said that I'd be in for several more procedures. I had this second procedure and once again - the day went first-rate and I was treated like a king. The staff is larger now (not that it was small before) but this helped toward a quicker overall procedure. I was treated first-class and very impressed throughout. I believe the number was something over 1800 grafts, and this next part was especially endearing to me: After transplanting and covering all the area that was to be addressed - they found they had 300+ EXTRA grafts left! Now again - I didn't know what was going on back there, and I guess they could have just thrown them away and never even told me. OR, I guess someone could have come in to see me, and then offered me some type of 'deal' to then 'sell' me those additional grafts. I mean - who wouldn't pay more when in that vulnerable position? But no - it was explained that more was harvested than needed, and that Dr. Charles would like to graft those as-well. He came back in to do what it is that he does and this time did it on my scalp area which wasn't on the 'to-do' list, and his technicians then transplanted in hairs there. This added time/cost to the procedure, and not only was I not charged anything for it - finances were not even discussed. I don't know if I'm supposed to be telling this last part but I am. So thanks!

Thank-you very much Dr. Charles, as well as Charles Medical Group. I look forward to my final results as well as recommending you to others (as I have already).

~Howard

Double,

It sounds like you've picked a real winner surgeon for hair restoration icon_smile.gif.

I'm glad to hear things went without a hitch, and even got some free grafts out of the deal. That's terrific.

We'd love to see some before/after photos from your first hair transplant, and also follow your progress for your second one.

I encourage you to create a hair loss weblog to share your journey with pictures to date and post a link back to the forum so we can view it. For instructions on creating and linking to your blog in your forum signature, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill